Belmont Day Stakes

BMB109BMB109 Member
edited June 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Some thoughts/Picks for fun. Really need to see how the tracjk and day are shaping up but here's where I'm starting. Still excited for the day but bummed about try at history and IHA no longer there. Good luck all!

Race 6
1)Politically Incorrect - 3 start off a layoff. 3 solid works, competitive figs, coming in the right way
2)Inflation Target - Due to break thru, nice fig progression, bang up work, home advantage
3)Teeth of the Dog - Likely fav, 3rd of layoff. Not a Matz fan and why the fade in the Preakness?
4)Brimestone Island - likely to take money due to 2nd while clear to Paynter. Consistant.

Race 7
Lot of speed and need to see how the track is playing for this one but will act as if is a fair track and dry:
1) Caixa Electronica - rare 2 week turn around for a Pletcher horse. Tons of speed in front of him to come after. Pletcher nice stats for cut back and Castellano is up.
2) Giant Ryan - not crazy about comebacker from Dubai
3)Crossbow - look out if its speed favoring. McLaughlin 28% of layoff, Team with Ramon D. at 40%
4)Rotal Courier - in sharp form, brings bullet works, shipped in twice to b4 to win

Race 8
1) Winter Memories - no contest when she brings her A game
Chalky all around with Tapitsfly and Hungry Island. Up In Time would add some value

Race 9
Bourbon courage looks tough by wonder about his progression. Hierro apparently 'freaked on the wet. Love Assman picking up Isn't he Clever and cutting him back. however Mott stopped on Power World last year after a couple of G1's and brought him back to beat older horses easily. Price will be square.
1) Power World
2) Bourbon Courage
3) IHardened Wildcat
4) Trinniberg

Race 10
just a tough race. Throw out Al khali's last and why was papaw bode so far back in last? Brilliant Speed looks to be coming up to this nicely and Hudson Steele is lightly raced 5yo who likes to win and Boisterous sure is nice. Tempted by Papaw Bode but:
1) Brilliant Speed
2) Hudson Steele

Race 11
Really bummed with no IHA. Paynter is lightly raced and has the most upside here. I feel Dullahan will be compromised going this long with his style and I'm stuck on the 2nd time dirt regression angle. Union Rags has regressed 3 straight races which by the way each was longer than the last and now goes longer yet. Atigun and street Life have been too far back of late. This race is really setting up for quality speed to win this and Paynter is the best quality speed here. Unstoppable U is much slower than the rest of the field 2 wins or not.

1) Paynter
2) Dullahan
3) Street Life
4) Atigun

Comments

• drbillymdrbillym Junior Member
    edited June 2012
    Agree strongly on Power World!
  • BMB109BMB109 Member
    edited June 2012
    I am complete sour fuckin apples about the Belmont, #1 I hate UR, he's overrated and will be more overrated now. #2 Smith fucked up and left the rail open hitting left handed and worried about Atigun. All he has to do is shut down the rail before UR is there and he wins the race!!!!!

The only good news is he will take a boat load of money is races this summer and I can make some money back betting against him.

Guarantee he did not top his Beyer top of 95. In fact this Belmont probably comes back right around 95.

Sorry...but I feel better now :)

I had a couple today though so not a bad day...just pissed about the Belmont..

Peace