Fort Erie tuesday

DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
edited June 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Heading over to Fort Erie Today- Not gonna make it for the first so didn’t handicap that one- but here is the rest of the card,and what Ill be playing- not sure about changes but looks like we might be able to find some value in most of the card- All thoughts and suggestions welcomed of course! See if we can leave the track with more then what we came with-

Race #2

Low level maidens going 1 70yards- and you got an even money Fav. #6 Not A Coalition going over the fort erie dirt first time- with no recent works over dirt,I think this one is a play against… ships down from Woodbine and drops from 12,500 to 5k but does add Lasixfor the first time which might help this guy- I think this is a play against here,and we might be able to find some value- The #5 Supreme Prospect (2 nd

time over the Fort,you can see first time bet down to .45 fav and finished 4 th ) but horses can improve 2 nd ,this one is also stretching out and Widenmaier is 57% from 7 start going sprint to route- 8-5 on the morning line,might float up to 3-1 or so with the dismal effort back on the 29 th . I also took a look at the #3 O’Delle 20-1 on the ML,2 nd time FE going same distance,but this one showed some speed last time out,(Granted not a lot!) And tired to finish a distant 4 th ,Ill give this one some stamina coming off the 1 70yrd race,and maybe can carry the speed a little farther- The horse to his outside #4 Imperial Kiss I think is the other front runner here and will also look for him to carry farther-

Ill Play #3 WPS ExB 3,4,5 Tri wheel 3,4/3,4,5/all

Race #3

Claiming 4k N3L

Ill be playing against the Fav here as well #5 Ruhtro 2 nd start over the track,would think would improve- stretching out a little bit today- I would use underneath but 6-5 on a 4k claimer,No thank you! #1 I’m in Charge –Route/Sprint coming off a front running 3 rd going 2 turns,Don’t think there is a lot of pace here,and if this one settles early can carry them start to finish- one of only 2 horses that has won at the distance, 3 rd start of the year looking for a nice outing- #4 Norte And Nice –careful of this one, 2 nd of the Gonzalez horses in this one,with his other going to get all the play- 3 rd start for Gonzales and personally owned- this going around 1 turn for the first time in awhile- Long Shot play here.

#1 WP ExB 1,2,4 Tri 1/2,4,5/all

Race #4 Md Sp Wt 16k 1 mile over the Turf (Hopefully doesn’t come off)

Interesting Turf race here- #4 Mojito Coming off nearly a 2 year layoff,getting lasixfor the first time where back in Aug 2010 was a game 5 th in a 60k MD- have to think this guy had some major issues to be gone 2 years- Couple decent works… big ? mark but im sure you could get some good value on this guy- Ill use in exotics- #8 Soul of Machia 2 nd start for this guy,going to the turf and two turns- 15-1 ML from the attfield barn,decent works- none of the turf- Im willing to give this guy shot trying the turf for the first time- and I think #3 Zizi is a better play then the Fav on the outside- was beaten 1 ¼ by Mobilist back on the 28 th ,both are taking a step up here but can improve off the last turf outing-

#8 WPS ExB 3,4,8 Tri 3,8/3,4,8,10/3,4,5,8,10

Race 5 Starter Allowance going 5 ½

Good group that look to be pretty competitive- We got horses that show pace and always layoff at times- Im going to go with the #5 Pointless Love- Put a line through the last going over the slop- If this guy can lay off in 4 th or 5 th should have a good kick turning for home- but really anyone of 4 have a solid chance and should be good odds on all of them!

#5 WP

Race #6 5k Claimers going 5

#6 Wasted only one in the field that really belongs in the field with 1 win on the year-over the turf going 5F in front running fashion- Has shown can run both over the dirt and the turf… Looking for this one to be on the lead and go wire to wire. Long shot play here #1 Snow Rite –2 nd start of the year,and it would be wise of them just to send this guy from the rail and see how far he can take them- hasn’t been the choice of late but getting the rail should help that thought.

#6 WP ExB 1,3,6 Tri 1,6/1,3,5,6/All

Race 7 Allowance 18k Turf going 7

Good Race for a Tuesday evening- Great group shipping down from woodbine to take on a nice little purse-

#2 Bathsheba Station- 1 st time Turf coming off a game 2 nd going 6 over the Poly up north- This should carry over to the turf. Has shown some speed in most of his races with not a huge run up to the first turn,should help this guy stay in contention. Greg Coxsmall barn is doing all right this year hitting at 20%,in a competitive field some good value on this 4 year old. #6 Little Mister Woo Dropping down from 54k Allowance,where he hasn’t been to competitive- I think a better fit for this guy,Smith has 3 for 4 winners at the fort this is another one trying Turf for the first time- Don’t know much about pedigree but like the way this one finished up in 2011,If we can get that kind of run should be around late. ML fav,Buri first start of the year has a win and second over the turf at Fort erie- but just think there are some horses dropping that fit better,1 st start in over 8 months- ill look elsewhere….

#2 WPS ExB 2,3,6

Race 8 10k Claimers going 6F

Good group of winners going here –

#5 Tinker- This one looks like he can take them start to finish- coming off a nice wire to wire score back on the 14 th ,come right back in for 10k –I think he is the fastest one here- see if he can wire to wire- On the Outside # 8 Looks Purrrfect coming from up north but had a nice bullet over the dirt up there- Good as shot as any 1 st time over after shipping down.

#5 WP ExB 5,8 tri 5,8/5,8/all

Pick 4 race 2: 3,4,5/1,4/3,4,8,10/5
Pick 3 race 5: 5/1,2,3,6/2,3,4,6,8,9,10

Sent this from the phone- hope it posts ok- and thoughts are welcomed

Comments

• DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    Race 5 #5 scratched- jumping over to the 6 itsapossibilty
  • DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    Fun day up at the fort- down poor for about 10 minutes turned the track sloppy. Lots of horses were full of run today.... Had some winners,exacta and a Tri to boot- beers music- good Tuesday ... Last year for the fort will go as much as possible....