Two @ Belmont Saturday

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited June 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Most of my money will be working tonight at CD, PM, etc., but Belmont has two races today where I received some info on some at a price. Some of the info comes from barns and others from clockers and morning observations.

Race 5
mdn 3yo fillies going 6 1/2 for $70k

#5 Truly Summer, 8-1
Leah Gyarmati and the folks at Treadway Stables are big on this well bred fillie. She is a second time starter and her first was a rather typical first out where she showed little. She has had two months off and has been working like a good one. The extra 1/2 furlong will only help more. Irad was on her for debut and comes back today. She should turn for home within striking range and let her talents show through. I am told that in her last few works she looked like a graded stakes winner. Let's hope that the connections do not get down until post so the odds will not let the cat out of the bag! Word is that these gals are going to the windows with oversized purses!
WPS and ex bx with 3 & 8. The #3, is a logical play at 5-1 and the #8 is a firster from Jerkens barn who has been getting alot of backside talk, and is 15-1. Needless to say, I'm hoping for a tote board explosion!

Race 7
Price will be short, but most likely winner today is #7 Verde Mont, 2-1, for Johnny Kimmel. If this one does not graduate today I would be very surprised?

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!