Take Control in Baffert barn

RightAngleRightAngle Administrator
edited July 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
This is the horse who came from nowhere to win a 1 mile maiden race as a first time starter. That was all the back back in December of 2009. Finally returned to the races weekend before last and won very nicely at 3-1 after TVG announcers spent five minutes talking about how there is no way his price should be that low.

He is a son of A.P. Indy out of horse of the year mare Azeri. Now 5 years old, I wonder where they race him next? Assuming some type of lower stakes race at Del Mar.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2012
    Interesting fact about Take Control, he had worked from the gate on June 11 with a unraced 3yo barnmate named Distracting, who came out of that drill to win his debut by almost 5 lengths on June 23.

As for Take Control's upcoming schedule, i would guess he might turn up in the San Diego Hadicap on July 28.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    Take Control team drill today with Sir Allison. Stalked going 24.3, 50 then ran down stable mate to finish in 101.3 R.B was up. EASY
    edited July 2012
    Del Mar - July 28, 2012

Race 8 - 5:30 PM
    San Diego Handicap (Grade II)

1 Kettle Corn
    2 Mobilized
    3 Tres Borrachos
    4 John Scott
    5 Take Control
    6 Prayer for Relief
    7 Rail Trip
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    Del Mar - July 28, 2012

Race 8 - 5:30 PM
    San Diego Handicap (Grade II)

1 Kettle Corn
    2 Mobilized
    3 Tres Borrachos
    4 John Scott
    5 Take Control
    6 Prayer for Relief
    7 Rail Trip

The 1,4, 5, and maybe the 7 are gonna be a tough bunch.
    edited July 2012
    I must say, i was plenty impressed with the effort by Take Control yesterday. He ran 4th by about one length after rallying late, and what catches my eye here is that he was able to make it that close despite being forced to rally into what had been a snail-like pace, meaning that the leaders (John Scott and Rail Trip) were going to be extremely difficult to run down. Very much a better-than-looked effort by the lightly-raced Take Control, who figures to appreciate the stretchout to 1 1/4 miles more than just about anybody. Looks very live in the Pacific Classic, not to mention the Breeders Cup Classic down the road (though the speed-favoring Santa Anita surface would likely work against him in that race).
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    I must say, i was plenty impressed with the effort by Take Control yesterday. He ran 4th by about one length after rallying late, and what catches my eye here is that he was able to make it that close despite being forced to rally into what had been a snail-like pace, meaning that the leaders (John Scott and Rail Trip) were going to be extremely difficult to run down. Very much a better-than-looked effort by the lightly-raced Take Control, who figures to appreciate the stretchout to 1 1/4 miles more than just about anybody. Looks very live in the Pacific Classic, not to mention the Breeders Cup Classic down the road (though the speed-favoring Santa Anita surface would likely work against him in that race).

I had him closing in 11 and change yesterday. Good effort depending pace of race. I played Rail Trip so I was happy how it turned out. Trying to win the Del Mar contest and also used him as my selection. I'm at 53rd now ouf of 4k. Going to grind it out and hope for the best.
  • 2W2P2S2W2P2S Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    I was extremely impressed by his race.........also last week, Coil on the racetrack looked amazing. Really, really filled out in the time off, and that was a superb race.
  • thebox138thebox138 Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    i love that betting angle.ya find some nice horses using the BEST NON-THANK YOU RATION IN FIELD