Belmont play from DiscreetPicks

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited January 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
Belmont - Race 3

#10 Draw Two (12/1 ml)

2yo firster for Michelle Nihei comes into this race straight out of a heads-up turf drill with 3yo barnmate Regalo Mia, who was last seen running second by a nose in the Grade 2 Sands Point Stakes. Gotta like that. Also, her two previous drills came heads-up with another 3yo barnmate named Donnatale, who won her debut by 3 lengths down @ Gulfstream late last year at odds of 8/1. Unfortunately, that one tanked in a two-turn allowance race next time out, but that was back in February and she hasn't run since, indicating perhaps that she might've been injured that day (also possible she just didn't like two turns). Also worth mentioning, Draw Two's mom (Belle Watling) was Horse of the Year in Chile a few years back, so she certainly has a right to be a good one. Main drawback here is the fact that she's drawn on the extreme outside in a turf-sprint that features a pretty tight turn, so there's a real possibility she gets hung wide here. There's also a 50% chance if rain today, according to the weather report, so who knows how that might affect things. Think the positives far outweigh the negatives though, at this kind of price. Looks live.

HRT record:

87 for 322 (27%)

$738.00 mutuels ($8.48 avg)

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    I'm in!!!!

Ticket#:18832947
    Jul 15 01:31 PM
    INTERNET / 0 Jul 15 01:31:30 PM
    RAC
    Racing ticket #1073214
    Jul-15 BEL R3 100.00 USD WPS 10

300 / 0
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    Thanks. Liked the 7 in that race will box those 2 together
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2012
    This would be a nice one......good luck to us!!!
    edited July 2012
    Ran third @ 15/1
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    Looked like a bad break but still managed 3rd. Will definitely look at this one next out. Funny while waiting for this race to run was reading an article in NYPost which said Junior Alvarado is terrific with front runners on turf. Then he goes and beats us w2w. Figures.
    edited July 2012
    Agreed. The slow break definitely cost him, and he was already up against it due to the outside post. Looked as if he might appreciate some extra ground the way he was rallying late. Seems live for Saratoga.
    edited October 2012
    Draw Two was entered @ Belmont on Thursday, but scratched out due to the yielding turf course. Has been entered back on Wednesday (Oct. 17). Looks pretty tough coming off a fine second place effort behind Noble Tune, who has since come back to win the Grade 3 Pilgrim Stakes.
    edited October 2012
    Draw Two won by 7 lengths today............paid $5.60 to win
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Draw Two won by 7 lengths today............paid $5.60 to win

Thank you buddy. I didn't play it, but gave it to a couple old-timers who wanted my best play. You really need to find a way to get me your plays without fucking PAYPAL.
    edited January 2013
    I loved Draw Two (again) at Gulfstream today, but of course he's been scratched. Hopefully next week?