Spa Wednesday----one play

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited July 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
No big price here----but in the feature Lake George GII Race 9

#3 Centre Court, 4-1

3 yo fillie going 1 1/16 on turf---out of Smart Strike/ and a Ap Indy mare Let, who was a bomber, this G Watts Humphries homie is a major play. Trainer Rusty Arnold has alot more faith in Leparoux than the public will and 5-1 or higher can be expected.

The Humphries family are in a picture taking mode!

If she does not win by open lengths, the connections would be shocked? She is coming into this race in as good of shape as you can expect a young filie to get. Owner and trainer just hope she does not roll back into season, as she has done in last few, but calendar says she is past the troublesom female stuff? Tough race, yes indeed, but worth a play win/place.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    Maybe one more?

in the 5th, I hear that Kathy Ritvo, of Mucho Macho Man fame, has a two year old fillie that she is big on. #3 Gadget Girl, 5-1, and word is that this firster in mighty eager to get on the track. Blew out 3 f in a top time and is ready to go. I am going to use her in some number plays with the 2-3-7-11.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    I also picked your one in 9th...GOOD LUCK...w2w
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    I should have stuck to just one play as Gadget Girl ran third behind a record setter.

Yet, Centre Court did win, not by open daylight but she won nevertheless. 4-1 at the start and 5/2 across the wire. Some serious money went down on her late to get that click at the SPA!

I'm alive to the 1-3-6 in the pick 4. Hope I get lucky !!!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2012
    Nice call on Centre Court!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    Nice call on Centre Court!

Even better PICK 4. I was only alive to the 1 and 3, so I'm glad we got that handled.