What happened to Rosie?

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited July 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Rosie is off all the rest of her mounts today at the SPA. I sure hope she is OK!

I just can't take the heat any longer. This makes the 144th week(or some ungodly number) that we have gone without rain. We got one cut of our pasture lands this spring and the fields are completely burned up. The hay we did get is almost gone already and no meaningful rain on the way. Not good no matter how you view it.

I have got to get out of here for a week or so. Saratoga or San Francisco sounded good, but I was overruled. I hate to leave the country during Spa and Del Mar, but the internet is a very valuable tool. Leaving on Saturday but I will be on line, I hope. Lows around 32 to 34 degrees, and highs around 55 or so. That, and rain most every day sounds too good to be true. Don't cry for me, Argentina!

Comments

• MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    Have fun Need a stone cold lock for Saturday August 4th lol stay in touch
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    Have fun my man. You're on a fucking hot streak like no other here.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    In fact, Rosie may have the mount on JG, on his yacht, in the Pacific with all these winners.
  • KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    cool JG, have fun and enjoy yourself :yes:
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    Took forever to get any info---Rosie hit the gate in a early race and suspected that she broke a toe. I broke some bones in my foot a few weeks back trying to save a patio umbrella during a 60 mph wind and I can tell you a foot injury hurts like hell and you feel it in everything you do. You don't put your foot in a stirrup with the ball of your foot---you are on your toes. Rosie is a pretty tough gal and I would bet she misses no mounts.

Anyone have any info if SPA is coming off turf today? The 1st will run, steeplechase, but don't know about the rest?
  • dodgers45dodgers45 Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    as of 1054 AM still on turf for races 6,7,8,9,10
    they chaged post times for races 2- 10
    the last race will go off at 5:19 in stead of 6:04 PM
    I guess they are trying to beat the storm thats due late afternoon.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    Thanks Dodger!

This doesn't help me a bit, this time change. I'm looking at a MTO in the 10th and have no idea if he will draw in.

#12 Sky Music, 5-1, has been thru a laundry list of problems and three different trainers, but Contessa thinks he has him back!

BTW, that chasing down umbrella and broken bones
    Alcohol was involved!