Spa Siro's Play

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited July 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
For those of you who appreciate a little history, here is a dandy.

At the end of the famed Spa track sits the institution named Siro's. This establishment has been the watering hole for pre-race and post-race race goers for many decades. It is actually a rather small house which was converted into a top shelf restaurant/bar and is the place to see and be seen among the racing elite.

On a support beam situate in the bar area as you go toward the restaurant side, there is a small copper plaque which has engraved on it something to the effect---" On this site on July 31, 1974, famed Green Bay Packer Paul Hornung threw an incomplete pass to a cocktail waitress and was promptly slapped in his face for his efforts"

Today, Paul Hornung returns to the scene of the crime!

In the 5th race, 2yo msw going 5f.

#5 Titletown Five,

is owned by no other than Paul Hornung. Well bred son of Tiznow is named after Green Bay(Titletown) and the five was hornung's number.

If this young horse wins, do not miss going over to Siro's to party with Paul and the gang. I know W2W and Dubya are going to be there today, god I wish I were there!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    I guess it should be noted that Titletown Five runs without Lasix---a real disadvantage as all the others run on lasix.

I guess Wayne's conscious got to him over past medication issues? That, or he is just playing patsy with the anti race day medication crowd and the Jockey Club elite? Regardless, I would be reluctant to play any horse who is not receiving the benefits of lasix when the others are!
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    Going to be flying most of the night into tomorrow. Don't know what tomorrow holds?

Weekend stakes action is hot and here is what I am using:

Today--Curlin Stakes--race 8
    Very seldom does Johnathon Shepherd have a good dirt horse, but he does now in Ever So Lucky, #2, 3-1.

Saturday:
    9th Diana, FB & I got our asses handed to us by Tapitsfly on Belmont Stakes day when she ran away from the field going a flat mile. Tomorrow is payback day and I'm loading up on Winter Memories, albeit a short price. But going 1 1/8. Not sure Tapitsfly wants any part of this distance, but Winter Memories sure does. Her works upstate are impressive and she is primed for a big race. European shippers are scary, but the connections of Winter Memories are confident that she can run with the best going long!

10th Jim Dandy
    #3 Antigun, 8-1, last ran 3rd in Belmont Stakes and has come back to work like a serious racehorse. I have known the owner, John Ed Anthony for many years and he is, or can be, a real prick, but this horse is coming into this race on a high note. Do not leave him out of your exotics. Mike can use him with Alpha and Neck N Neck!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL---even Paul Hornung!
  • FLYBYNIGHTFLYBYNIGHT Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    Have a Safe trip and thanks for sharing the info