Gimme another, just like the other???

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited August 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Saratoga - Race 3

#9 Unlikely Scenario (6/1 ml)

I made a mental note last summer after Terri Pompay shipped in an unraced maiden from Monmouth amed Currency Swap last year, who then scored a huge debut win (at a big price) before eventually coming back to win the Grade 1 Hopeful. I thought to myself "I wonder if she'll try it again next year". Well, here we are, with Pompay shipping this colt in from Monmouth for the very same owners (Klaravich Stables) and using the very same rider (Maragh). Beyond that, you've probably noticed me pointing out several times over the past year (mostly during Gulfstream) that Pompay is simply deadly with the Klaravich firsters (not just Currency Swap, though he was the first one i noticed), and we indeed caught a few of those, including a couple at big prices. Also worth noting, Klaravich Stables has been on fire with firsters at this meet already, most notably with Carried Interest, who beat Race 7 favorite Palace Malice early this month for trainer Richard Violette. I really don't have anything to go on other than this (no pertinent workout info), but frankly, the Pompay/Klaravich firsters are worth betting blind at any kind of decent price. And based on what happened last year, i'm guessing they've held back a good one for Saratoga. This may be it.

Comments