I dont get these rules...

rayphilrayphil Senior Member
edited August 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Horses who break thru the gate get dq'd..especially in NY with there rules....So why did wise dan stay up...watch the start of the race and you can see it..

Comments

• IH8PATDAYIH8PATDAY Member
    edited August 2012
    I totally agree, I slowed down the replay and Wise Dan absolutely broke thru the gate early. I'm not sure what the rules are but he broke thru before the gates opened.
  • wheatinawheatina Junior Member
    edited August 2012
    IH8PATDAY wrote: »
    I totally agree, I slowed down the replay and Wise Dan absolutely broke thru the gate early. I'm not sure what the rules are but he broke thru before the gates opened.

Actually, he absolutely did NOT break through the gate early, and anyone that watches the head-on once or twice can see this.
  • HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
    edited August 2012

Nyra at its best,no care for fans they make rules as they go along,lets never forget when Nyra stole money from the fans regarding takeout.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    the reason i brought this up is because nyra dq'd mythical star i think and she ran a hell of a race after being left at the gate by 6-8 lenths...didnt even look at it...bullshit
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    I also noticed how he broke through the gate and should have been declared a no starter. Imagine a huge favorite in a big race on national TV being Dq'd? Which also leads to to what the hell is NYRA doing? Sundays card was 11 races and they push the 2 biggest stakes races of the day to the 10th and 11th races to accommodate NBC sports schedule? Post time 615 and 645? Didn't really show that much on TV but there was no one left at the track. After the 9th race there was a line leaving Saratoga that looked more like the line after an NFL game. Travers day post is 1130 and I hope they don't screw it up and push the post time for the Travers up to like 645? I love the track as much as the next guy but that is a longgggggg day!!!
    edited August 2012
    Yes, keep pretending he beat the gate. Why take the sixty seconds to watch the head-on and learn that he absolutely didn't beat the gate when you can foolishly say otherwise.
  • IH8PATDAYIH8PATDAY Member
    edited August 2012
    wheatina wrote: »
    Actually, he absolutely did NOT break through the gate early, and anyone that watches the head-on once or twice can see this.

No not anyone , just you. Guess you had money on him, that's fine but if you think he didn't break thru the gate early, you need your peepers checked.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    No not anyone , just you. Guess you had money on him, that's fine but if you think he didn't break thru the gate early, you need your peepers checked.

I missed the race, but wanted to see for myself on replay.

FACT: He broke through.

He broke through 4 or 5 frames before the gate opened. Assuming its the standard 29.97 (30) FPS that's about 1/6 of a second.

However, the streaming feed is likely closer to 15 or 20 FPS, making it about a quarter second advantage (or about 2 lengths @ top speed), although I suspect a quarter second is a quarter second on the track.

Interesting call to say the least. And if any of my math is way off I'm a little buzzed.
    edited August 2012
    I'll try again since apparently my posts don't get put up over here....

Stevie Wonder could see on the head-on that he didn't get an unfair start. This place is absolutely hilarious.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    wheatina wrote: »
    I'll try again since apparently my posts don't get put up over here....

Stevie Wonder could see on the head-on that he didn't get an unfair start. This place is absolutely hilarious.

You should look what I wrote above. I'm sober now and I've amended my opinion, and now believe he received a 1.25 length advantage.