Saratoga Wednesday August 15th

justin13892002justin13892002 Senior Member
edited August 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Going to contribute this up until Wed, with as much info as I get time to post.

Race 1- Catalina Island
Did well 1st out on turf for Engelhart, and is coming back off 2 weeks rest. No standout in this field. Not a big fan of jock in irons, but believe an improvement is eminent, and any improvement off that last performance wins this race.

Comments

• ShowDoughShowDough Banned
    edited August 2012
    Justin for what it's worth 6-Stay Composed is the " unknown" horse here. Bruce Brown is having a bad meet. In her last start she stumbled and lost the jock. W. Garcia still up, she has big speed.

Good luck to you.
  • justin13892002justin13892002 Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Race 2
    Carpi Clements- improved 1st start on turf, and now makes 2nd long start consecutively. Many in here are habitual "losers". Can prevail with slightest improvement.
    edited August 2012
    SD, I agree. Only reason I'm playing against is because I think she may be injured a little. Poor start 2 weeks ago with a VERY slow 4F work between. But if healthy, she can be dangerous.
    edited August 2012
    Race 3-
    Wild Target- Has been racing pretty well up until last race where the move was mad a bit prematurely. Does the right thing, rest the month of July, giving him a 5F maintenance workout, and shortens up. Kenneally is good with that move. This one is live for sure, but some in here will improve 2nd out, and that's a bit scary.
    edited August 2012
    Race 4
    Stone Maker- Improved tremendously on the drop/addition of blinkers, and finds decent spot here. Shows a nice maintenance work recently off the small rest. Will be coming late, while an improvement is likely.
    edited August 2012
    Race 5
    Perfect Officer- In form, making 3rd start off layoff, and may improve yet again. Looks like there is a decent pace battle in here, and this one is tough from off the pace. Big Jock change back to Castellano.
  • DubyaBDubyaB Member
    edited August 2012
    SD, I agree. Only reason I'm playing against is because I think she may be injured a little. Poor start 2 weeks ago with a VERY slow 4F work between. But if healthy, she can be dangerous.

She is fine ! Her gate issue was related to the fact she was down inside too long and unfortunately she freaked . Although she is very good out of the gate she does not emotionally handle being in there too long. Bruce took her to the track 2 days later for a 2 minute lick. No worse for wear. I was at the barn yesterday feeding her peppermints & carrots . I found her to be she was a happy & healthy horse albeit a little crazy .
    BTW I own a piece of her
    edited August 2012
    So far....

Race 1- Scratched...no offense, 6 still looked sore, unfortunately
    Race 2-Finished 5th
    Race 3- Winner $5.80
    Race 4- Scratched
    edited August 2012
    Race 5
    Perfect Officer- In form, making 3rd start off layoff, and may improve yet again. Looks like there is a decent pace battle in here, and this one is tough from off the pace. Big Jock change back to Castellano.

Placed.