Delmar Pick 5: Weds,August 15

ShowDoughShowDough Banned
edited August 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Well the West Coast has sucked me in on trying to hit the pick 5. I'm sure you know the carryover is 362,503! Good luck to you all trying to hit it.

Race 1: 1-2-4-5-6-7. I know I left out one horse, but it adds up
Race 2: 1-2-8
Race 3: 1-3-6
Race 4: 3-4-6
Race 5: 2-3-4-7

For a .50 bet it comes to: $ 324

If anyone has some.insight or suggestions I certainly will listen

Comments

• ShowDoughShowDough Banned
    edited August 2012
    So not to clutter up the board, just one play at Saratoga on Weds.

Race 9: 1-Off The Jak- Parboo/Maragh 1/1 at meet ROI + 3.60
    3rd off a layoff 15% . He is cutting back in distance, he looks to be the speed of the speed.

As always Good Luck to everyone.
  • DubyaBDubyaB Member
    edited August 2012
    So far this meet any profits that I have made during the day at the Spaa is getting eaten up at "Where the Surf meets the Turf". That said I can't stay away here are my thoughts . Many have been inclined to think this will chalk out. However everytime people say that , it usually a WTF moment for me. Not a big cave man ticket player . I usually try to tease out some & press with some likely winners but here are my thoughts
    Race 1: # 1 & 7 are layoff types but fit here. #2 is back to the weeds has a good record, distance is the ? #6 will take $ but has not won since Nov 2011 and will be streching out.#3 &5 are a pitch. Will use #4, #1 & #2
    Race 2 Got a feel this race will pig out . Its just a bad bunch . Spread or buy the race. I am gonna watch the board with double probables to see who is live. I think the works point to the #6 but who knows
    Race 3The most likely is the #1 a versitle type who can win on the engine or rate. I will use a liitle with the #4 & #6
    Race 4 The #4 is the one with the only grass experience . Has some big workouts . Seems the most likely winner in the sequence. But others are intriguing . #5 in the Aug 4 work this guy beat soundly a next out maiden winner from Sunday R-4 He's Had Enough Gomez rode the Sunday winner & hops on here . #1 is from the Willow O Wisp/ V Cerin connections . Paid $75K for this one off moderate sale works maybe a live play & #6 will be on some tickets as well . Dam side is a rich pedigree going back to Dance Smartly & Smart Strike
    Race 5 Will chalk out with #4 & #3 Nothing clever to say I just think they are just better than the others
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    DubyaB wrote: »
    Race 4 The #4 is the one with the only grass experience . Has some big workouts . Seems the most likely winner in the sequence. But others are intriguing . #5 in the Aug 4 work this guy beat soundly a next out maiden winner from Sunday R-4 He's Had Enough Gomez rode the Sunday winner & hops on here .

The 5 horse is Cinco De Mario. Named after the jock. Both colts are highly regarded.
    Here's a clockers report from BEFORE He's Had Enough's winning race. Interesting.

HE'S HAD ENOUGH Aug 4 DMR 6 1:13HG M FT C+
    Krigger up; no early speed with Cinco De Mario going 25.4, 50.2 let run late in 102.2 looking evenly late in a slower than given 115.1. Inclined to watch one.---Grade: C+
    edited August 2012
    Looks like no rain during the Saratoga card today.

So I'll be also playing Race 1: 6-Stay Composed- I'm throwing out the last race for obvious reasons, she seems to be the speed of the speed.

Race 9: 1-Off The Jak-Parboo/Maragh 1/1 meet + 3.60- cutting back in distance.

Riding a 5 in a row show streak at the Spa. Let's hope this week starts off well...

Good luck to you all today and as Harvey Pack used to say: "Let the horse be with you..."
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    I posted OFF THE JAK also...GOOD LUCK & GOOD RACING...w2w
    edited August 2012
    My week started off not so good,1st race 6-Stay Composed ran a 1/4 of a mile and well stopped. Just hope she's ok.
    Race 9; 1-Off The Jak -made the lead in :22- :45-,:57- 1:03.1
    Ran a real good 2 nd. Paid 6.20 to show.

So 8/16 at the SPA. Should have gone with my first feeling, one play. But I have the first two in the pick 5!
    edited August 2012
    Phew..the 4 held on. Alive to the 3-4-7. Hope some of you are also. I need a drink.
    edited August 2012
    $ 474 for .50. My first pick 5 ever. I do hope quite a few hit it also. Just wish the 7 didn't go so wide.

Now time to study for a muddy SPA on Thursday.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    DubyaB wrote: »
    So far this meet any profits that I have made during the day at the Spaa is getting eaten up at "Where the Surf meets the Turf". That said I can't stay away here are my thoughts . Many have been inclined to think this will chalk out. However everytime people say that , it usually a WTF moment for me. Not a big cave man ticket player . I usually try to tease out some & press with some likely winners but here are my thoughts
    Race 1: # 1 & 7 are layoff types but fit here. #2 is back to the weeds has a good record, distance is the ? #6 will take $ but has not won since Nov 2011 and will be streching out.#3 &5 are a pitch. Will use #4, #1 & #2
    Race 2 Got a feel this race will pig out . Its just a bad bunch . Spread or buy the race. I am gonna watch the board with double probables to see who is live. I think the works point to the #6 but who knows
    Race 3The most likely is the #1 a versitle type who can win on the engine or rate. I will use a liitle with the #4 & #6
    Race 4 The #4 is the one with the only grass experience . Has some big workouts . Seems the most likely winner in the sequence. But others are intriguing . #5 in the Aug 4 work this guy beat soundly a next out maiden winner from Sunday R-4 He's Had Enough Gomez rode the Sunday winner & hops on here . #1 is from the Willow O Wisp/ V Cerin connections . Paid $75K for this one off moderate sale works maybe a live play & #6 will be on some tickets as well . Dam side is a rich pedigree going back to Dance Smartly & Smart Strike
    Race 5 Will chalk out with #4 & #3 Nothing clever to say I just think they are just better than the others

Really nice analysis. Right on the money for the most part. Hope you used enough Muny to make Money.