dr. farrdr. farr Junior Member
edited August 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Hello,
Just joined this Forum; I hope to contribute something of value, as so many of these members have alread done!
Most of my experience has been with Southern California tracks (Santa Anita, Hollywood Park, Los Alamitos, Del Mar) so my future postings will deal primarily (if not exclusively) with the horses and races in SoCal (I live in the Los Angeles CA area)
Glad to be an HRT member:clover:

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Welcome!
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Welcome aboard
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Welcome Best of luck
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Welcome
  • LARRYKLARRYK Junior Member
    edited August 2012
    Welcome dr.

any comments on the 4th @ Delmar today?
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Welcome aboard, look forward to reading your posts...
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Glad to have you, welcome aboard.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Welcome. Look forward to your insight. Might even see you at the track.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    welcome dr. farr...even though Im a east coaster I have to say I bet more on so cal then ny..
  • jjohns7777jjohns7777 Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Welcome. I'm thinking about playing Del Mar some, so I'll be looking for insight.
  • dr. farrdr. farr Junior Member
    edited August 2012
    Thanks for all the welcomes!

The Sunday, August 19th Del Mar card was rather favorable for me (using my rather unusual method which is based on speed performance and, to a certain extent, past performance statistics) ....
    However, I was thrown by the 8th race, the Solano Beach Handicap:
    -Unusual Hottie and Halo Dolly were both very strong on the races/won statistics, and also had good speed numbers (Halo Dolly was 1st, Unusual Hottie 2nd)
    -but in my analysis I felt that A Jealous Woman was the most likely potential winner, followed by the 4 horse (Antares World): neither of these placed in the winning 3 positions!
    -also, in the 6th race, there was a toss-up for me between Rumor and Sugarinthemorning, although in my analysis I give pride of place (and wps bet) to Rumor, and I was a bit surprised that Rumor only came in @ show (3rd place)
    -the 7th race was (for me) a choice between Truly Marie and Madame Cactus: here I was more fortunate in my analysis, speed considerations giving the prime place to Truly Marie (which won)
    -also the 2nd race was clear cut (by my analysis), with Life a Riley indicated (which horse did win the race)
    -the 9th was a bust out for me, my choice being the 9 horse (A.P. Corsair), although the winning horse (I Run for Fun) was a consideration of mine, however the speed consideration led me to the choice of the 9 horse...

Anyway, thanks again for all the welcomes!!