Winding Way WOW!!!

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited October 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Incredible performance by this Carla Gaines filly yesterday. I gave her out on my site, and mentioned i the write-up that i though she might be a Breeders Cup contender (F&M Sprint).

If you haven't seen the race yet, she's the #2 filly in the shadow roll. Absolutely dwelt in the gate, and won anyway! Never seen anything like that before (not to that extent, anyway).

"Sensational!" - Winding Way - 2012 Rancho Bernardo Handicap - YouTube

PS - There are no F&M Sprint futures in Vegas right now. In fact, the only races Wynn has posted so far are the Classic and the Ladie's Classic. Every year they've been going up later and later, but this is ridiculous...back in the day (when John Avello was @ Bally's), they would've had EVERY race up by now, including the two juvenile races. But what can ya do...

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    I played her as well yesterday and couldn't believe what I was watching. She spots the filed a pole and wins under a hand ride. AWESOME!!!!!!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    I believe she's half sister to our favorite 2yo Kauai Katie.
  • IlovewinsIlovewins Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Just watched the race from the link you posted.
    That was impressive.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    IMO what makes this impressive is that in her first 2 starts she never saw another horses ass...Even though im not a RB fan im just glad he didnt rush her up there and basically ruin her chances which appeared slim anyway.. hell of a run from this one and i know her spots will be well picked by carla gaines..
    edited September 2012
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    I believe she's half sister to our favorite 2yo Kauai Katie.

Two undefeated sisters. Could half-sisters win separate BC races in the same year.
    edited September 2012
    And who are the yearling and foal of the same mare by?
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited October 2012
    What the heck happened to Winding Way over the weekend? She went off @ 1/5 in a four-horse field, and ran dead-last. Ouch.