#9 Ashore Play

1,6/9,10/1,4,5,6,7
    9,10/1,6/1,4,5,6,7
    Help out us newbies, please.

What is meant by

Race 10

1,6/9,10/1,4,5,6,7
    9,10/1,6/1,4,5,6,7

I can figure out that we should bet on the ten horse heavier than the nine. Right?

But what about all those other numbers?
  • offnracingoffnracing Senior Member
    edited October 2007
    Thanks For You Question, Sorry For The Confusion. Hopefully, You Played Neither Because They Both Ran Horribly. However, If You Did Decide To Wager, I Like To Key 1 Or 2 Longshots That I Like In Trifectas. Mainly In The Place/Show Spots. Most Betters Key In the Win/Place Spots In Trifectas. At Mountaineer, Longshots Tend To Run More Often Second And Third Than First. I Will Usually Put A $2 Win Bet Just To Cover Myself If The Longshot Wins The Race, Which Does Happen.

In Last Night Scenario, I Liked Both The 9 and 10 But Only At The Odds I Deem Acceptable. Quite Frequently, I Will Like More Than One Longshot In A Given Race. Usually Odds Will Determine If I Play Both, One Or Neither! I Never Bet That Both Longshots Will Run In The Money At The Same Time, Thats Why I Key Them. For Example, If The 9 is 20-1 ML And He Goes Off At 12-1, I Will No Longer Play Him. At Those Odds Even If He Wins At 12-1, Which Is Highley Unlikely, Your Not Getting The Payout You Should. Last Night, Both Horses Went Off At Acceptable Odds So I Used Both, Un fortunately, One Missed The Start By Many Many Lengths, The Other One Is Still Running. I Do Not Have The Time To Feed Picks 5 Minutes Before Every Race So I Cannot Tell You Which Longshot To Play, Generally The Higher The Odds The Better. I Use The Morning Line As A Reference, Hopefully I Answered Your Question, If Not Write Me Back As You Can See I Always Like To Chat- Chris Longshot