Bodemeister done

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited August 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Just got an email and Bodemeister is done.

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Don't you think it kind of weird that, according to Zayat & Baffertt, none of the California Vets could find out what was wrong with him, and that they had to ship him to Rood & Riddle in Lexington? Nevertheless, too bad, he was a speedy and a hard knockin champion. Hope the same does not await Paynter?
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Retired to stud at Winstar.

Dr Bramlege reports that he has a nerve injury which caused atrophy of his left shoulder. It would take 60 days to heal. Baffert says that it most likely happened around two week ago when he stumbled during a routine work at Del Mar.

He could return to racing, but doubtful he would ever regain his form as we knew it!
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    I wouldnt be surprised if paynter or take control comes out next..
  • jjohns7777jjohns7777 Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    That's too bad. Is it me, or have there been an awful lot of horses retiring early this year?

Uncle Mo
    I'll Have Another
    Union Rags
    Zo Impressive
    Bodemeister

Is that an unusual number or is it that I've just paid more attention this year?
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Bummer. I thought after the Derby/Preakness that a healthy Bodemeister would be a force in the BC Classic this year.
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Not so sure that more have retired for say.... Was an unusual year in that there were very few injuries to the top 30-40 horses going into the trip crown races. I think this year it is just evening out later.