A Couple of Plays Today - 8/23/12

jjohns7777jjohns7777 Senior Member
edited August 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
I'm placing a couple of win bets today:

Louisiana Downs
4th - 7-Gallop in the Park -- One of two front runners, but much faster than the other, which is moving up in class and has never won. Gallop in the Park has won two of her last three races and I don't see any other horses that should challenge her today. There is a horse that could, but she is entered for main track only and the weather should keep this race on the turf. Morning line is 7-2. Not the favorite, but next.

90th - 10-She's Bonafide -- A presser that just looks better than every other horse in the field. This is a maiden race, but she has placed and showed in last two. She is the morning line favorite, by far, at 7-5. I wouldn't be surprised if that gets even lower.

Delaware Park
5th - 6-Nekia's Vow -- morning line is 5-1. Lone speed in this race and best beyer ratings. Was racing at a higher class until last time out and placed in that race.

Another race that I'm very interested in is:
Del Mar
5th - I like 10-Fit and Awesome here. Lone speed again, but up against two good pressers. Fit and Awesome shows best speed ratings and is dropping in class from $21k Allowance races to this $10k Claimer. Poor race last out, but 2nd by a head before that. Morning line on this one is 15-1

I'm not betting that Del Mar race, but I am very interested to see if I'm right.

Comments

• jjohns7777jjohns7777 Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    jjohns7777 wrote: »
    I'm placing a couple of win bets today:
    90th - 10-She's Bonafide --

Sorry. 9th. Don't think I could handicap 90 races in one day.
  • jjohns7777jjohns7777 Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    1 out of three, and paid .4 to 1. Can't pay the bills like that.
  • dr. farrdr. farr Junior Member
    edited August 2012
    Fit and Awesome was close in my analysis (Red Flag technique) as well, but Bronze Fox edged it out and was my choice-however, Bronze Fox only showed in the race.