Travers Stakes - 8/25

jjohns7777jjohns7777 Senior Member
edited August 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
I'm in two different online handicapping contests right now, and I've picked Nonios to win the Travers in both of them.

But...

There's a 20-1 longshot, Golden Ticket, that really has my interest.. He's never run a G1 stakes race before, and his speed ratings indicate he shouldn't be fast enough to run with this group. On the other hand, he almost always finishes in the money, and I keep looking at those four workouts in August (three bullets).

Does anyone else think Golden Ticket has a shot today? Is he worth an across the board flyer?

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    IMO no...just look at the company he has kept in them races..skyring,prospective. not these type if you ask me. I would never talk no one off of a bomb but if it was me and I was looking for a big price I would give a long look to atigun or maybe even fast falcon....atigun 12-1 I dont think you can beat that..
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Fast Falcon and Street Life are the only 2 in the race that scare me.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    john even though the price is short on golden ticket i hope you had him.
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    I always add the extra buck for a knawing at me horse. Hope you did too very nice call,
  • jjohns7777jjohns7777 Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Even a blind pig finds a truffle sometimes! I came close to putting a bet on him, but didn't do it. Wish I had. Next time I'll pull the trigger.