Saratoga play from DiscreetPicks

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited August 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Saratoga - Race 6

#8 Tap Twenty One (4/1 ml)

I won't bore you with the write-up here, as i'm sure you remember this gal, but basically she ran way-better-than-looked in the debut and it appeared as though she'd love more distance. Sure enough, entered around two turns next time out (and 6/1 ml, if i remember correctly), the race got rained onto the main track and was run @ 7 furlongs with lots of scratches, sending her off favored based on her prior dirt form (basically the only dirt form in the race). Definitely should've won, but Naparvnik butchered the ride as i'm sure you know. Entered back around two turns again, no threat of rain today, and note the switch to Leparoux as i'm sure they were none too pleased with Napravnik last time out. Loving this morning line, as i think this gal is a standout here. Potential stakes-type.

As an aside, be aware that #3 Flashy Gal is coming off a heads-up turf drill with Saint Vigeur, who is entered in Race 3 today. Results of that race will be known before this is run (obviously), so just a heads-up there. Incidentally, Saint Vigeur worked recently with Yari, an older barnmate who is coming off two straight wins vs. allowance company. Thought for a bit about giving that one out, but was put off by Slamarama's recent heads-up drill with Charming Kitten, who of course has already won for Pletcher. There's also word from FB that Slamarama was used as a target for the multiple graded stakes winner Turbulent Descent (who just won again yesterday) in a recent drill, so i'm not looking to take sides in that one.

HRT record:

89 for 325 (27%)

763.80 mutuels ($8.58 avg)

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Got to take a serious look now at #3 Flashy Gal. Saint Vigeur just ran 2nd behind w2w winner Slamarama, who was never threatened. 3/8--3/8--all---all looks like a super!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm on this one with you as well. We won't get the 4/1 ml!!!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Ran like garbage. Think something might've happened to her in that bumping indicent going into the first turn. Can't see her running that bad without a reason...
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Definitely got a little contact going into the first turn, but it didn't look like something that would cause a dismal performance, which is what we got. She showed no speed at any point during the race. This is not the same horse we watched previously!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Definitely got a little contact going into the first turn, but it didn't look like something that would cause a dismal performance, which is what we got. She showed no speed at any point during the race. This is not the same horse we watched previously!

Agree