Response To Harryljohns From Chris Longshot

offnracingoffnracing Senior Member
edited October 2007 in Horse Racing Forum
Thanks For You Question, Sorry For The Confusion. Hopefully, You Played Neither Because They Both Ran Horribly. However, If You Did Decide To Wager, I Like To Key 1 Or 2 Longshots That I Like In Trifectas. Mainly In The Place/Show Spots. Most Betters Key In the Win/Place Spots In Trifectas. At Mountaineer, Longshots Tend To Run More Often Second And Third Than First. I Will Usually Put A $2 Win Bet Just To Cover Myself If The Longshot Wins The Race, Which Does Happen.

In Last Night Scenario, I Liked Both The 9 and 10 But Only At The Odds I Deem Acceptable. Quite Frequently, I Will Like More Than One Longshot In A Given Race. Usually Odds Will Determine If I Play Both, One Or Neither! I Never Bet That Both Longshots Will Run In The Money At The Same Time, Thats Why I Key Them. For Example, If The 9 is 20-1 ML And He Goes Off At 12-1, I Will No Longer Play Him. At Those Odds Even If He Wins At 12-1, Which Is Highley Unlikely, Your Not Getting The Payout You Should. Last Night, Both Horses Went Off At Acceptable Odds So I Used Both, Un fortunately, One Missed The Start By Many Many Lengths, The Other One Is Still Running. I Do Not Have The Time To Feed Picks 5 Minutes Before Every Race So I Cannot Tell You Which Longshot I Like Better, The Odds Will Determine That. Generally The Higher The Odds The Better. I Use The Morning Line As A Reference, Hopefully I Answered Your Question, If Not Write Me Back As You Can See I Always Like To Chat- Chris Longshot