Saturday Spots & Stakes Action

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited September 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Most likely winner of the day:

Arlington Park- Race 4
msw $40k 2yo 5 1/2 poly
#4 Holden On, 5/2
Aron Wellman had this one at Spa with Chad Brown. Ran twice and owners were very disappointed with efforts. However, he was in against some pretty salty 2yo's, Spurious Passion and Show Some Magic, who will go in Hopeful. Wellman sends him to Chicago under the care of the Catman, and his lone work over the poly was a real eye-catcher. Has the look of a poly/turf sprinter!

Arlington Park Race 7
Washington Park Hdc. GIII $150k 1 1/8 poly
#2 Middie, 6-1
Back on his preferred surface and this one will be comin late for top Kentucky connections. Humphrey clan expecting a win.
#4 Mr. Marti Gras, 5/2, and #6 Prayer for Relief are both serious players in here, but both are the type who do not win enough to deserve short odds??
#2 w/p and ex bx 2-4-6

Monmouth Park Race 8--
Miss Woodford Stakes--3yo fillies 6f
#7 Singlet, gets blinkers on for Tony Dutrow--nuff said

Monmouth Park Race 9
Cliff Hanger Stakes, 1 mile turf
#7 Upgrade, 3-1
Best horse in former TAP asst Michelle Nehei's barn, and this one needs a good firm turf course. Gets it today and should get to the winner's circle. Class relief should help, there is no Wise Dan in this group. Connections are confident of a very good showing!

Spa 8th--Bernard Baruch Stakes-- 1 1/16 turf
#4 Dominus, 3-1, has never been on weeds, but all indications are that it will work. Had a turf work in preparation for this race and it was a damned good one! Should be up front and TAP goes with turf rider Julien Leparoux for a big score. #4 w/p and ex bx 1-4-5.

Spa 9th--Forego Stakes
Will the real SHACK show up????
That is the big question. It's clear that Shack does not like an off-track, but that is not a problem today. #5 Pacific Ocean's last race was no fluke and he is a real threat. I think these two are the ones to beat, so I'm playing a tri 2/5--2/5--1/4/7.

Spa 10th--Woodward Stakes
At this distance, I think MMM will have plenty of time to get that big frame rolling, and when he does he is gone! Expect another 2nd or 3rd for one time class runner THAS, and #7 Cease will be picking off tired horses late. #3 win and ex and tri key 3---6/7.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments