$$$Stakes Plays--Arlington & Super Derby

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited September 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Arlington 7th
Arlington Washington Futurity GIII
2yo one mile $150k

#7 Scissortail G, 15-1
maiden fillie going against boys due to many reasons, but barn thinks this is an easier spot than going against the fillies(see Below). Last out we watched her get a questionable ride from Channing Hill, who got an old-time ass chewing from asst trainer then a better ass chewing from Flyin Late. Hill is back on today and he better give her a better ride or he will not be on again! Owner has many, and most are with the Assman, but this speedy fillie is out of a mare who was a real champ, Soonerette, and Little Donnie better make some noise today if he expects to continue to get the good ones from Bob Zollner. I am going to include her in trifecta and super plays with the likely players and hope she upsets the chalk applecart.
#1 Muppet Man is undefeated and a likely fav.
#8 Mulute, 3-1, is from Amoss barn and a must use
#3 patake Kid, proctor charge gets GoGo and has been working like a beast. Okie bred is good!

Arlington-Washington Lassie Race 8 GIII $150k
2yo fillies
#6 Custody, 12-1
her only race was the most impressive mdn 2yo race of the meet. Do not even begin to think you will get 12-1, won't happen! Clairborne/Dilschneider homie is in the hands of Al Stall, who knows when to move em up at the right time. Her maiden win was a thing of beauty as she stalked a moderate pace going 5 1/2 and came about 10 wide to roll past them all in a eye-popping manner. Gets GoGo in the saddle today and is a player at a fair price. I'm going to use her in wps and ex bxwith the following:
#12 Flying Rapunzel, 5-1, is a monster according to Donnie's folks. Morning works are impressive and the Catman will give it his all as he curries up to owner Aron Welman.
#4 Gold Edge, 9/2, Morning works are better than good and Donnie's folks say she is a bargain at 9/2.

Louisiana Downs Race 10
Super Derby, 3yo 1 1/8 $500k
The #3 & #5 deserve favortism, but I have learned to never leave tricky Tom Amoss off my tickets.
#2 Key Donation, 12-1, is coming around at the right time and is in peak form. Last race was better than it looks on paper and prompted Amoss to move right up. Morning works signal a big effort at a big price. Ex Bx 2--3--5

I suspect that FB may have more info on the other stakes races today at LAD.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited September 2012
    I'd like to see Fly Lexis Fly bounce back with a nice effort in the Super Derby. Not betting the race, but looking forward to watching it...