Belmont play from DiscreetPicks

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited September 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Belmont - Race 7

#6 Ol Donyo (12/1 ml)

2yo firster for John Terranova brought almost $200k at the April OBS after working a furlong in 10.1 seconds (two ticks off the show's best), and has strung together a very nice worktab recently. On Aug. 13, she worked hedas-up with a 4yo barnmate named Backdown, who came out of that drill to win a fast maiden-claimer by 6 lengths in 109 and change. Subsequent to that, she worked twice in a row (on turf) with West Hills Giant, who came out of those drills to win a two-turn grass race last week (today's race is also on grass). Looks like great value judging by the big morning line.

HRT record:

89 for 326 (27%)

763.80 mutuels ($8.58 avg)

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Belmont - Race 7

#6 Ol Donyo (12/1 ml)

2yo firster for John Terranova brought almost $200k at the April OBS after working a furlong in 10.1 seconds (two ticks off the show's best), and has strung together a very nice worktab recently. On Aug. 13, she worked hedas-up with a 4yo barnmate named Backdown, who came out of that drill to win a fast maiden-claimer by 6 lengths in 109 and change. Subsequent to that, she worked twice in a row (on turf) with West Hills Giant, who came out of those drills to win a two-turn grass race last week (today's race is also on grass). Looks like great value judging by the big morning line.

HRT record:

89 for 326 (27%)

Thanks for all the hard work.
    edited September 2012
    Irad in the saddle.

DC - Any word on FB's filly Girluphigh (IRE) in the same race? Not that it matters, I guess, because I'm never betting on a woman (Besides Cheryl Charlton) again in my life.
    edited September 2012
    Belmont - Race 7

#6 Ol Donyo (12/1 ml)

HRT record:

89 for 326 (27%)

Any folllow up DC? Usually you're on it.

This filly looked looked like a 3YO on the track, and raced well behind a very fast pace on yielding turf, but came up empty at the top of the lane. Maybe she hated the soft going, but we'll certainly get a price in the future, should she continue to work well.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited September 2012
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Any folllow up DC? Usually you're on it.

This filly looked looked like a 3YO on the track, and raced well behind a very fast pace on yielding turf, but came up empty at the top of the lane. Maybe she hated the soft going, but we'll certainly get a price in the future, should she continue to work well.

Pretty much saw the same thing. Thought she looked good down the backside and was pissed off that she didn't seem to have any room to run (a common occurance for me lately), but she had room late and came up empty. So no real excuse that i could gather. I was certainly happy with the price though, if nothing else. Think she went off @ 7/1.

Possible she didn't like the soft turf, as you say, but you can never really tell about those things. Not until she gets a chance on firm turf and shows improvement, anyway. And by then it'll be too late, unless you want to take a leap of faith. I guess it'll depend on price, as usual. I'll keep an eye on her worktab going forward and see if there's anything noteworthy.