Is Ramon Dominguez the most consistant lock in NY?

okjac12okjac12 Senior Member
edited September 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
I like many others think he is "hands down the best Jockey around.:yelling:

Comments

• DubyaBDubyaB Member
    edited September 2012
    I started a thread last week about Ramon ability as a rider. IMO I don't think he gets the recognition he deserves .He hit the board at recently completed Saratoga meet at an incredible 56% rate . The knock on him is that he pads his overall stat with his domination over the sub-standard competition which is commonplace during the Aqueduct inner meet while everyone else is knocking heads at Gulfstream in the winter . BTW I DO NOT subscribe to this limp dick notion at all. The Gulfstream weekdays are nothing more than a mildly better than a typical Calder card.
    I know for a fact that Ramon chooses to stay in NY because he has young school-age kids who he does not want to alter their school routine to follow him to Fla. This past year he did travel much more on the weekends to winter racing sites ..I just find that honorable
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    DubyaB wrote: »
    I started a thread last week about Ramon ability as a rider. IMO I don't think he gets the recognition he deserves .He hit the board at recently completed Saratoga meet at an incredible 56% rate . The knock on him is that he pads his overall stat with his domination over the sub-standard competition which is commonplace during the Aqueduct inner meet while everyone else is knocking heads at Gulfstream in the winter . BTW I DO NOT subscribe to this limp dick notion at all. The Gulfstream weekdays are nothing more than a mildly better than a typical Calder card.
    I know for a fact that Ramon chooses to stay in NY because he has young school-age kids who he does not want to alter their school routine to follow him to Fla. This past year he did travel much more on the weekends to winter racing sites ..I just find that honorable

I'll say it again, if I go deeper than 2 in a race in ANY horizontal wager, he's in automatically. Even on a two legged horse in a NH4L race (Non-havers of 4 legs).
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    I think he is one of the best right now...HOWEVER...the easiest way to go broke is to keep betting the same jockey in every race...w2w