Kentucky Downs Stakes Plays

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited October 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
I have had a bit of a hangover from Spa meet, but today is a good time to jump back in as two good races today that feature some we saw strut their stuff on Arlington Millions day. My buds in KY have a line on a good fillie too! I'm heading out in a little while to witness the carnage on the hill, AKA Alabama vs. Arkansas. Hogs QB Tyler Wilson out indefinitely with sub-dura hematoma, and interim coach looks at life thru rose colored glasses, and he has apparently passed them out to the team. Hogs could have gotten Pete Carroll after the Petrino debacle but the timing was terrible. Line is around 20/21 but if you want easy $ this looks as good as any. I'm not sure Hogs will score?

Kentucky Downs 7th
Juv Fillies 2yo 7f
#1 Noun, 8-1, Clairborne brick shithouse bred for turf, War Front-Vowel, by Dynaformer. Two races at Ellis where she bid her time and came on strong. Perfect set-up today as she gets a field of youngsters who all want to go to the lead. Trainer David Carroll has this fillie ready to go and Shawn Bridgemohan knows when to ask for run.

Race 9--Kentucky Turf Cup
1 1/2 GIII #200k
#2 Ioya Bigtime, 5/2
On Millions Day, led for a long time in the American St. Leger Stakes until overtaken by Euro monster Jakkalberry, who set a track record and would have beaten any horse in the world on that day. Nevertheless, he held 2nd and was well clear of the rest. Block has this ready to pick up another big check, and the odds should be decent due to Rahystrada, 9/5, who will take all the money, but rahystrada could not close into a slow pace in the million against Little Mike and will have alot more to do today when Ioya turns for home well in front.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    I have had a bit of a hangover from Spa meet, but today is a good time to jump back in as two good races today that feature some we saw strut their stuff on Arlington Millions day. My buds in KY have a line on a good fillie too! I'm heading out in a little while to witness the carnage on the hill, AKA Alabama vs. Arkansas. Hogs QB Tyler Wilson out indefinitely with sub-dura hematoma, and interim coach looks at life thru rose colored glasses, and he has apparently passed them out to the team. Hogs could have gotten Pete Carroll after the Petrino debacle but the timing was terrible. Line is around 20/21 but if you want easy $ this looks as good as any. I'm not sure Hogs will score?

Kentucky Downs 7th
    Juv Fillies 2yo 7f
    #1 Noun, 8-1, Clairborne brick shithouse bred for turf, War Front-Vowel, by Dynaformer. Two races at Ellis where she bid her time and came on strong. Perfect set-up today as she gets a field of youngsters who all want to go to the lead. Trainer David Carroll has this fillie ready to go and Shawn Bridgemohan knows when to ask for run.

Race 9--Kentucky Turf Cup
    1 1/2 GIII #200k
    #2 Ioya Bigtime, 5/2
    On Millions Day, led for a long time in the American St. Leger Stakes until overtaken by Euro monster Jakkalberry, who set a track record and would have beaten any horse in the world on that day. Nevertheless, he held 2nd and was well clear of the rest. Block has this ready to pick up another big check, and the odds should be decent due to Rahystrada, 9/5, who will take all the money, but rahystrada could not close into a slow pace in the million against Little Mike and will have alot more to do today when Ioya turns for home well in front.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Just say replay, great call in the Turf Cup, and I suspect it was easier than looked.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Ioya goes tomorrow @ KEE. 2-1 ML.