Short Field Sunday

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited September 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
I hope you players out west have a good card today at Fairplex, because the races suck back east! Super short fields at Chicago and NY, hell, even Woodbine has limited entries on their big Mile Day. Its bad enough when you like one and Ramon is named, but when it is going in a field of 6 it makes it damn hard to keep you're head above water.

Belmont 8th at least has a decent field size, although it is for $20k clm that at one time were stakes runners. Joe Vann is now with Linda Rice and she does ok with former TAP stakes horses. Versailles Road is the one W2W put out as his only play today(ought to be a sign as to quality). Red Jack was out of his league when with Wayne and Blue Grass, but he fits in here, and Cap't Webb is the lone TAP runner dropping down to a fire sale price. Top pick in here? Nobody--tri box 2-4-6-9

Correction, W2W put out the Treadway/Leah Gyarmarti in the 2nd, #3 Coper something?

In the 4th, #5 Harmony Hills is a sleeper as this one was brought up east by Lumber Trust Fund baby J. E. Anthony and got claimed. Could be a decent wps wager as it will be a good price.

Wise Dan is going at Woodbine, but 2/5 is likely at post time.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL !

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    I guess I should have put out the most probable winner today

Belmont 1st--2yo fillies going 6f
    #6 Ruby Lips, 2-1 ml but 3/5 is more likely. Sam siegel expensive Hard Spun fillie has been the talk of the track for a while now. In her debut she came out sideways and ran greenly. She has come back to fire in the A.M. and 2nd out improvement will put her in the winner's circle today, but a $3.00 winner would be generous. Dutrow plan is to win today, go to Stakes next month, and eye BC Juv fillies. We'll see?
  • ShowDoughShowDough Banned
    edited September 2012
    John, who will be training for Dutrow Jr? The Court will be ruling within the next 10 days. Then he'll be gone for 10 years.
  • wheatinawheatina Junior Member
    edited September 2012
    What track has Ruby Lips been the talk of? Not Belmont. Not Saratoga. Aqueduct? Presque Isle?
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    After everything that has happened in the last few years, I'm not so sure he won't win his appeal and this will continue for another year or two? It's a strange strange world that we're livin in!

BTW, I saw your post and tried to do some quick research on the Stidham entry in the 5th, Grand Mere. 15-1.

Seems his first was against a powerful entry that had come out of a key race, Kansas ran 2nd. Grand Mere has had very impressive works since his debut but I was unable to get hold of anyone this morning who knew whether he went fast early or late, or just plain fast? Debut @ 7f and now stretching out further signals stamina pedigree and with his quick works I think you are on to a good one here. Joel Rosario has been finishing very well with less than stellar quality and he may be the perfect jock in this situation? Good Luck!
  • ShowDoughShowDough Banned
    edited September 2012
    Thanks John, as you are well aware Gov. Cuomo is reorganizing NYRA. I'm very sure the courts will not allow Mr. Dutrow Jr. to train anymore. NYRA will be cleaning house, from top to bottom. I've even heard from very reliable people that even P.J. Campo Jr. is gone.

I follow Stidham and just wish James Graham was riding. But Joel is very capable good luck to you.
    SD