Belmont Friday Race 9

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited September 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Race 9
mdn clm $60k 2yo 6f

#8 TRACE CREEK, 12-1

I heard about this one a couple of weeks ago from some Oaklawn insiders. Arky homebred from Shortleaf Stables, which used to be Loblolly Stables before divorce, and produced the likes of Temperance Hill, Cox's Ridge, Pine Bluff, Prairie Bayou, and Vandlingham. Owner John Ed Anthony is not what you would call a likable fellow, but every now and then he comes up with good horses. A year ago he was telling everyone that his whole operation was for sale, and suddenly he is back in and just spent around 1 million at Keeneland sale. Trace Creek is a first time starter who has been with Kenny McPeek since late spring. Visually impressive works at Belmont over a deep sandy training track and word is that this colt is jumping out of his skin to get to the track. First line pedigree is not stellar, but more Halo and Northern Dancer below, so he may want more than 6 furlongs? OP higher-ups think this is the beginning of a career that will lead to 3yo stakes races. Who knows? But worth a look. McPeek go-to-jock Davey Cohen has the call and this one is worth a good look at odds which should be around 15-1. Debut in a clm race is not a concern as it is not likely any of these are headed aywhere and is a very weak group so far? Pick-6 carry-over special is worth a WPS and usein exotics!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Palice Malice got bet from 100-1 to 75-1 to win the derby.
  • burtlakeburtlake Junior Member
    edited September 2012
    :laugh:
    dirtyshirt wrote: »

thanks hit the super
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited September 2012
    dirtyshirt wrote: »

Isn't he laid up with an injury right now?
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Rehab from bucked shins at Doc Copeland's farm in Paris, Ky. At the end of the Keeneland meet, he will ship south to Florida and begin a TC type of regime under TAP system. BTW, I have a typing problem(or spelling) cause every time I post I mispell the name. It's Palace---not Palice as in malice! Probably got bet down in Vegas because people like his name?
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Rehab from bucked shins at Doc Copeland's farm in Paris, Ky. At the end of the Keeneland meet, he will ship south to Florida and begin a TC type of regime under TAP system. BTW, I have a typing problem(or spelling) cause every time I post I mispell the name. It's Palace---not Palice as in malice! Probably got bet down in Vegas because people like his name?

Or maybe somebody knows he's a 2 turn MONSTER...