Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Retirement here I come.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm too dumb to figure all this out. Better left to the politicians!

But it seems to me that an outfit like twinspires could take a predetermined match-up and take bets and pay odds accordingly. Clearly too simplistic. When money comes into play, this could take decades to figure it all out.

Better hold off on that early retirement!
    edited September 2012
    My guess is that this idea will be tried on a limited basis, sort of like when tracks put in pick 3 & 4 and super. Most tracks started out with just one and it grew from there into rolling doubles, etc.

The idea is not totally different from the Stock Market, is it?
    edited September 2012
    The more I think about this, the better I like it. This idea lends itself to handicapping pace and race, as opposed to speed(Beyer) handicapping. I do this anyway, and I'm sure most do when trying to visualize how the race will develop. However, most casual bettors will buy a DRF and look only to the speed figs.

BRING IT ON, BABY!!!!!
    edited September 2012

It's nothing short of amazing. You shop, like you would with a bookie, for the best FIXED price. In theory if you shopped well enough you could create situations where you couldn't lose.

It's great for maiden races, where we have good info. We can lock in 4-1 on a horse who might really go off at 8/5. A poor ML maker would only help even more (I looked into it - Brad is only doing the Fair).

Also, owners and connections can't "short" their horse, per the rules, but I sure as fuck can EVERY TIME I find out somebody is just getting a race in their horse. I'll give you 20-1 on every 12-1 I know isn't well meant.

I really hope this moves forward, because it's a game changer for racing.
    edited September 2012

The idea is not totally different from the Stock Market, is it?

Exactly what it is John, with practically unregulated insider trading.