Santa Anita SATURDAY Thoughts.

dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
edited September 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
We can try to keep them all in here. So much good racing, including the ultra-talented Executivepriviledge going for her 5th straight. Salamera, who ran a credible second to our favorite filly Kauai Katie at Saratoga, ships in to test our class.

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Nothing serious, but LOVE AND PRIDE for Pletcher in the the 8th (G1 ZENYATTA), is certainly gonna be in the right place near or on the front. She jumps off the page at me right now.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    7th race I like Carving. Also have a nice future wager on him at 70-1 for the Breeders Cup Juv
    edited September 2012
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    7th race I like Carving. Also have a nice future wager on him at 70-1 for the Breeders Cup Juv

He's owned by the original Bode. Good luck to you, I watched him dominate at Fairplex, but as you know this is a little leap up. Baffert must feel he's ready, though, because he has two others in here, including POWER BROKER, who looks to fit the early track profile.
    edited September 2012
    And WOW, the first race is a MSW with some really nice running lines.
    edited September 2012
    RACE 11:

I've always though KILLER GRACES was a 1 turn horse. Well she gets her shot down the hill, along with considerable class relief.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Here is some backside horse I have been given tonight for SA, I have spent some quality time this week on the ponies. I have been beating my book in football like a conga drum at a Santana concert. Below is solid info for tomorrows SA card.

gl, fb

Race 1 - #6 - Buckleberry Grey - Victor has this one ready to explode today. Also was told Code West was side by side with Power Broker in his last work, pay attention.

Race 2 - #13 - Stormin Arvin - Last race is a complete toss as he was never given the type ride he needed, post hurts to the jock switch is strong and the price will be huge.

Race 3 - #8 - Make Us Proud - Has a nice 3rd over this surface in his only weed race and look for P Val to try and take them gtw from the outside post.

Race 4 - Stable Horse - Silky Lace - have been told the weeds we be her niche book it. The two to use in this race are Bonde and Bafferts bottom two, one of them wins this race.

Race 5 - Doug O is live in this cheap race on a great card by SA. But Hess Jr. and Jumpin Joe might have the last say so!!!!!

Race 6 - The top two filliers are heads and above this field, but one filly looks like a tote buster in verticals and she owns a win at two turn and that is Scarlet Strike for my man Jerry H, one classy man in this industry.

Race 7 - A little bird dropped me a note today on my front door and told me he heard a little cherping on the backside at HP that Harty has a runner in his barn that hasn't been unleashed as of now. But I looked at him and he is in tough here and that is why the price is 20-1 and probably will climb. Sadler just put in a tough work for Capo and he should be ready. Diry Swagg is a grinder and won't backup down the lane. Know More is the real deal but has to continue to win for me to jump on the overloaded bandwagon.

Race 8 - Everything you here about Amani is how can she lose this one. She will go off the choice in this one and Neil D will be hammerd if he makes it to the winners circle tomorrow. Tried to take him to the Yanks game on Belmont weekend buy he had clients coming in that night. Would of loved to picked his mind on AP Indy and other top runners he has saddled. I'm IN!!!!

Race 9 - Marketing Mix will be odds on just from her previous races. But I'm looking at the top two to out run there odds over this weeds track. Will get the ground saving trips over this course.

Race 10 - Game On Dude and Suggestive Boy will give us a treat battling down the lane and one of these two will win the bob at the wire.

Race 11 - VE and Double A have a live runner in VC (ARG) at huge odds in the nightcap. Let's get the exacta with Drity's horse on the cutback.

gl, fb
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Good Stuff guys thanks!
  • KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    Good Stuff guys thanks!
    you can say that again., thank you for the info.
    :toast:

untitledsanta.jpg
  • drbillymdrbillym Junior Member
    edited September 2012
    race 2 watch out for that sneaky moon han
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited September 2012
    Was giving some thought to Rail Trip in the Goodwood (or whatever they're calling it these days), but Game On Dude just looks too tough. Do think Rail Trip will be more in his element here than he was in the Pacific Classic. Might be tough with his preferred stalking trip, and he seems pretty certain to get one today. Just some food for thought there.
    edited September 2012
    fbwinners wrote: »
    Here is some backside horse I have been given tonight for SA, I have spent some quality time this week on the ponies. I have been beating my book in football like a conga drum at a Santana concert. Below is solid info for tomorrows SA card.

gl, fb

Race 1 - #6 - Buckleberry Grey - Victor has this one ready to explode today. Also was told Code West was side by side with Power Broker in his last work, pay attention.

I have the exact same info. I'm also including the 1 horse, I've Struck a Nerve, a massive sort, who is reportedly moving like a beast over the dirt.

Race 2 - #13 - Stormin Arvin - Last race is a complete toss as he was never given the type ride he needed, post hurts to the jock switch is strong and the price will be huge.

Really like Spawr's horse Thirteeen Black, and the dropping Awkward Mondays.

Race 3 - #8 - Make Us Proud - Has a nice 3rd over this surface in his only weed race and look for P Val to try and take them gtw from the outside post.

Good Info.

Race 4 - Stable Horse - Silky Lace - have been told the weeds we be her niche book it. The two to use in this race are Bonde and Bafferts bottom two, one of them wins this race.

Yuck. I got info on David Flores' horse (12-1) and the 2 and 9. Too many.

Race 5 - Doug O is live in this cheap race on a great card by SA. But Hess Jr. and Jumpin Joe might have the last say so!!!!!

Race 6 - The top two filliers are heads and above this field, but one filly looks like a tote buster in verticals and she owns a win at two turn and that is Scarlet Strike for my man Jerry H, one classy man in this industry.

I'm gonna add BEHOLDER. Who is my play, and might be tough out front.

Race 7 - A little bird dropped me a note today on my front door and told me he heard a little cherping on the backside at HP that Harty has a runner in his barn that hasn't been unleashed as of now. But I looked at him and he is in tough here and that is why the price is 20-1 and probably will climb. Sadler just put in a tough work for Capo and he should be ready. Diry Swagg is a grinder and won't backup down the lane. Know More is the real deal but has to continue to win for me to jump on the overloaded bandwagon.

Race 8 - Everything you here about Amani is how can she lose this one. She will go off the choice in this one and Neil D will be hammerd if he makes it to the winners circle tomorrow. Tried to take him to the Yanks game on Belmont weekend buy he had clients coming in that night. Would of loved to picked his mind on AP Indy and other top runners he has saddled. I'm IN!!!!

Race 9 - Marketing Mix will be odds on just from her previous races. But I'm looking at the top two to out run there odds over this weeds track. Will get the ground saving trips over this course.

Like this pick. Including, maybe playing, Let's Go Cheyenne on the jock change.

Race 10 - Game On Dude and Suggestive Boy will give us a treat battling down the lane and one of these two will win the bob at the wire.

Yes.

Race 11 - VE and Double A have a live runner in VC (ARG) at huge odds in the nightcap. Let's get the exacta with Drity's horse on the cutback.

I've actually decided on Wild Truffles @ 15-1. I'm sure I'll have several exotics.

gl, fb

Good Luck.
    edited September 2012
    Speed On The Dirt. Period. Just Send It.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    race6...i love the 8 in here scarlet strike.hopefully she is not 17 behind early.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    late pick 4 at santa anita...

race8...1,3-8
    race9...2,11,13
    race10...1,9
    race11...10...love killer graces today...love the cutback and im looking for a huge race at 8-1 today..
    edited September 2012
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Nothing serious, but LOVE AND PRIDE for Pletcher in the the 8th (G1 ZENYATTA), is certainly gonna be in the right place near or on the front. She jumps off the page at me right now.

Too easy. This track is playing for all speed. Big everything here.
    edited September 2012
    Was giving some thought to Rail Trip in the Goodwood (or whatever they're calling it these days), but Game On Dude just looks too tough. Do think Rail Trip will be more in his element here than he was in the Pacific Classic. Might be tough with his preferred stalking trip, and he seems pretty certain to get one today. Just some food for thought there.

He looked so good. HUGE day for Baffert. Game on Dude, Powerbroker, Executivepriviledge, and then he also caught the first with Title Contender over Code West.

Speed was KING. POWERBROKER and LOVE AND PRIDE and G.O.D. and MARKETING MIX all kept us alive and paid.

Great thread. Great day of racing.