2012 Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe Intended Runners and odds

CigarShopCigarShop Senior Member
edited October 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
1. Orfevre 4/1 bet 365. He will be wearing a hood but not earplugs. His trainer said he was only 75% for the Prix FOY.

2. Danedream 9/2 Coral. The defending champion.Off her win of the King George.She will not have the 3-YO concession,Monday she worked well in Colonge over 10 furlongs.

3. Nathaniel 5/1 Coral. William Buick will ride and this is Nathaniel's first trip to France.He really loves a SOFT turf.

4. Camelot 11/2 Bodog. Connections need to find a jockey, as Ryan Moore rides Sea Moon and stable jockey Joseph O'Brien is too heavy.

5. Shareta 10/1 PaddyPower. She just beat a good field at Vermeille. But if it rains to much she won't run.

6. Saonois 11/1 Bodog. He won the French Derby in June. He worked at Lyon Parilly and his owner has turned down offers from Qatari interests.

7. St. Nicholas Abbey 12/1 Bet365. He is the other Coolmore challenger. Joseph O'Brien keeps the ride on him. He is still pointing to the Breeders Cup.

8. Masterstroke 14/1 Bodog. Andre Fabre is looking for his 8 th win. Godolphin will either ride Maxime Guyon or Mickaekl Barzalona.

9. Sea Moon 20/1 Paddy Power. Hopefully Ryan Moore can ride due to an injury. He also is targeting the BC Turf.

10. Yellow and Green 33/1 Landbrokes. She will be the only 3-YO filly in the race.The softer turf will help her also.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Nice post, thanks.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    4. Camelot 11/2 Bodog. Connections need to find a jockey, as Ryan Moore rides Sea Moon and stable jockey Joseph O'Brien is too heavy.

11/2? I think I would bet that.
  • CigarShopCigarShop Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Nathaniel is now out with a fever. Danedream is out also.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Great post from Cigar Man!

I knew I was gonna like this guy!!!
    edited October 2012
    I certainly don't have any connections with the Irish Gansters, but folks I know do. Over the last many years I will not let any Collmore horse get by without having something on them!
    edited October 2012
    typo---Coolmore

This Mangier, Tabor, etc. group is strong medicine!
    edited October 2012
    Frankie Dettori takes the mount on Camelot, now the price will surely be too short. Now I'm going to look for a better price.
    edited October 2012
    16-Saonois- jockey has won 6/8 with him. A substantial win wager.
    Exactas with : 16/2-13-8-11-12-14
    A trifecta key: 16/13-8-11-14/2-3-8-11-12-14

Will be up early with my Egg McMuffin and a Oliva G series.