Cigars & Keenland 10/5

CigarShopCigarShop Senior Member
edited October 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Cooler weather in the air. Smoking a stogie and handicapping just doesn't get better than this.

Opening Day at Keenland:

Race 1: 2-Aud Eddie-Ward dropping into the claiming ranks for the first time, 19% ROI of 0.98 but when using Desourmeaux at KEE 1/1 7.40.
This is a 3 cigar play. Cabaiguan Guapo-Has a 93 rating by Cigar Aficionado

Race 5: 5-My Perfect Ten- interesting Castellano rides for a very low profile trainer. She's only had 32 starts this year, winning 6 for a 19% . She's been racing at Woodbine, but 1/3 on turf.
Also a 3 cigar play. La Flor Dominicana Factory Press IV Corona Gorda, rated 90.

Race 9: 3- Rose To Gold-This very inexpensive gal ( FTKFEB11 $ 1,400) She debuted in a 61K stake at Calder and blew them away in the slop. Then she ran on a fast track again in a 70K stake and blew them away again. Salvatore brings the jock in also, gets the acid test today.
But my 5 cigar play of the day: Illusione Epernay Le Taureau-94 rating.

I will keep my statistics during this meet and update them daily.

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    I hope to have a few plays tomorrow after I talk to my Keeneland folks???

Great info and glad to have you on board on HRT!!!
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    One of my tobacco accounts processes the outter wrappings for swisher sweets, I know not really a cigar. Question is have we ever had a real cuban? Nice Posts!!
  • CigarShopCigarShop Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Swisher Sweets well to be kind are machine made and a very low end cigar. Most cigar smokers only smoke hand rolled stogies.
    About smoking a real Cuban, well yes. Unfortunately our Government has blocked cigars from Cuba to enter the US, but most real Cubans come into Canada. They then are shipped without the labels to the US, the next week your labels get shipped to you and you put them on your cigar.
    And you thought picking winners was tough.
  • CigarShopCigarShop Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    My cigars were very good, my horses ran like a dime store stick.
    All three ran up the track. In the first, we ran 5 th. The fifth race ran 4th. The ninth race, we ran 12th.

Oh well, the sun will come up tommorrow you can bet your bottom dollar, tommorrow, tommorrow, is only a day away. - Song from Annie.