P. Morales riding for Contessa

Rick57Rick57 Junior Member
edited October 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Anyone know why Morales is riding at Belmont for Contessa?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• joegeejoegee Junior Member
    edited October 2012
    Leading trainer through November 9 is Gary Contessa with 5 wins but from 39 starters. Not a great win% there at all. But consider this: Those 5 winners have been ridden by just 2 jockeys, bug boy Sebastian Morales and journeyman Norberto Arroyo Jr. When these two are riding for Gary they have 5 winners from just 16 starts
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    I know its early, and I haven't had enough coffee yet, but this post just made me think that I had lost my mind!
    Ever read or hear something that made you wonder if you had gone back in time?

Gary Contessa is having a terrible year, for him. But his barn is heating up a little. Allen Jerkens is well known for giving young jockeys a start, and it appears that Contessa is doing the same. He is not married to any jock and uses those he likes and who work for him in the mornings. Although he will use C. Nak when he is around, lately he will use Irad when he has a good one that everyone knows about, but he has been giving bugs alot of mounts lately when he has ones that are learning. Keebler Coa, Wilmer Garcia, and Carlos Montalvo have been the ones used the most, especially Montalvo.

Pablo Morales rode the just concluded Monmouth meet where he rode for many different trainers, including Contessa. I would look for him to float around for the next few month in Delaware, Parx, etc., and may spend the winter at Aqueduct.

I don't know where Sebastian Morales is riding now, but Norberto Arroyo, Jr. has not had a mount since a spill at Keeneland in 2009. See, I have not lost my mind?