NO RESPECT PLAYS--Sunday Keeneland

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited October 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Kentucky line maker loves horses coming in from Spa, and with good reason! But they completely write-off very good ones coming in from Arlington who offer damn good value.

7th--Bourbon Stakes 2yo 1 1/16 turf
#6 Balance the Books will be the fav, ml of 4-1, but will get killed at the windows. But, he will have to deal with traffic as he will come from off a hot pace. I like #8 Brown Almighty, 6-1, who comes in from Chicago with a string of fast races and even better recent works. Low profile trainer Tim Ice got his start a few years back at Oaklawn when he had the misfortune of working for screw-ball owner VV Jarmarianan, who goes thru trainers like most people go thru good whiskey at an open bar! First crop from Big Brown and it looks like Big Brown will be a very good first-crop turf sire? The Spa winers all make perfect sense, so I'm playing a tri/super 6/8--6/8--9/11/12--9/11/12, and a wps on #8 Brown Almighty.

8th--Spinster Stakes
#7 UPPERLINE, 12-1
I was going to play this one anyway, but there was talk last night at Keeneland T.C. and word is get down. Mr. John Adger is in the premier league of horsemen, he ran the McNair operation prior to dispersal sale. Last time this mare raced she barely missed behind best race ever euro's in Beverly D. at Arlington. Of course, she will have to deal with In Lingerie, who I also like, but she is primed for a big run on a track she loves. #7 wps and tri & super 5/7--5/7--3/6/11--3/6/11.

Late Pick 4
6th---6/12
7th---6/8
8th---5/7
9th---1/5/9/10

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    "who goes thru trainers like most people go thru good whiskey at an open bar!"

Thanks for that. Needed a wake-up joke.
    edited October 2012
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    "who goes thru trainers like most people go thru good whiskey at an open bar!"

Thanks for that. Needed a wake-up joke.

Now that I'm awake.

Here's a clocker play for you out here John.

Race #5 (as in the last leg of the pick 5)

3 GREEN SECRET (SMITH) | CASSIDY 20-1

GREEN SECRET Sep 27 SA 5 :59.4H M FT B+
    Stylish looking spin in 34.4, 59.2 breezing late looking terrific over this deep track.---Grade: B+

Worth a bet at any price.
    edited October 2012
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Now that I'm awake.

Here's a clocker play for you out here John.

Race #5 (as in the last leg of the pick 5)

3 GREEN SECRET (SMITH) | CASSIDY 20-1

GREEN SECRET Sep 27 SA 5 :59.4H M FT B+
    Stylish looking spin in 34.4, 59.2 breezing late looking terrific over this deep track.---Grade: B+

Worth a bet at any price.

What a strange ride. Made the lead. Looked startled going for home, and then after getting passed ran back on for an easy second and paid $12 to place. Great info, great play.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Any price? How about 13-1 and a good looking 2nd and $11.40 & $6.20.
    Sometimes having seconitis ain't toobad!

Thanks Dirty, owe you one!
  • KeenRacingKeenRacing Junior Member
    edited October 2012
    John, thanks for the picks today, enjoyed following them. DS, :thumbup: