General Comment About This Forum

KeenRacingKeenRacing Junior Member
edited October 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Gentlemen, I have found this forum to be informative and well written. I appreciate your contributions to informing some of the more detailed handicappers about new and up and coming horses and selections. As a newer member, one of the things I have found extremely frustrating is the lag time between posts-as a newbie, my posts have to be approved by a mod (and mods have better things to do of a day than approve my posts--like work and make money). I'm wondering if Spam has been a problem on here in the past or if there is something that can be done to help out those that want to make this a more active forum? Some good threads are being lost in the lag hours, which is unfortunate.

Best, KR

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Yes, spam has been an issue in the past, as have a small number of posters who choose to try and disrupt the forum rather than contribute to it. That's the reason for the post-delay on new posters. It's not ideal, but it serves it's purpose (most of the time).
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Welcome to the forum KR
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    welcome...w2w
  • jjohns7777jjohns7777 Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    I feel ya, brother! I thought the same thing before the admin changed my status. Just wait it out. This is a great forum. It's worth the extra time while you're new.
  • KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Welcome 2the forum enjoy the stay:cool2:

untitledmk.jpg
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    KeenRacing wrote: »
    Gentlemen, I have found this forum to be informative and well written. I appreciate your contributions to informing some of the more detailed handicappers about new and up and coming horses and selections. As a newer member, one of the things I have found extremely frustrating is the lag time between posts-as a newbie, my posts have to be approved by a mod (and mods have better things to do of a day than approve my posts--like work and make money). I'm wondering if Spam has been a problem on here in the past or if there is something that can be done to help out those that want to make this a more active forum? Some good threads are being lost in the lag hours, which is unfortunate.

Best, KR

You'll be good soon, we've had a few morons ruin it for all newbies.

However, I want to point out that a few people showed up and they were ridiculed and had problems and we may have called ourselves 'clique-y.' But honestly, as Cigar Shop has quickly found out, it's not like that at all if you come with respect and patience.

And finally, DC, thanks for your hard work.