The QE II,Keeneland Saturday

CigarShopCigarShop Senior Member
edited October 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Last night Whiskey tasting was just fantastic, I finished the night off with a Perdomo Maduro 20th Anniversary.

After 10 selections: 2-1-1, getting better. These cool mornings and visitings farms has been fantastic. I'll be sad to head back home Monday morning.

Race 2: Exxel-Clockers notes from 10/5 strong effort liked the surface. He has had 8 attempts over the synthetic surface 3-3-1. Spieth for Rogers 23% since 2011-12. Should draw away last 1/16.

Race 4: Impassionit-Clockers notes: 10/4 good gate work. Clarkson is 22% with first time starters.

Race 7: iwantthat- Clockers notes: 10/10 good work, went out in 1:13.2. Maker/Castellano 30%.
This gal hasn't missed a beat training.

Race 9: QE II-Grade 1 400,000 . A very nice field.
Somali Lemonade-Clockers notes: 10/6 finished with good energy.
She has had two starts at KEE 1-1-0. Just missed in the Garden City.Her last win was exactly one year ago today, at Keeneland.

Comments

• CigarShopCigarShop Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    If anyone is near Keeneland today, we have one open seat in the Kentucky Room. Lunch will be on me.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Like your Somali Lemonade pick. Also like the 4 Centre Court. As for Whiskey can Jagr be consisted whiskey? Anyways good luck today
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for the invite, I sure wish I was at Keeneland today, or anyday. Maybe next year when my new yearling is coming around?

The 7th race is most exciting as you have two firsters who are making their debut going long and being close to the ML favs. #11 Iwantthat, 4-1, is the one you already mentioned who has been working well, the other is #9 Bow Bells, 7/2, who also has been an eye-catcher in the mornings all summer at the Spa and had a very good work over the sticky. By Giant's Causeway and was a private purchase by Zillionaire Michael Tabor. Will definitely be pointed to turf but may like the poly? #3 Tap Twenty One, 4-1, is a tough luck maiden as he has had trouble in his previous 3 starts, gets blinkers on today and could show more early interest? However, it should be noted that many times a troubledhorse makes their own trouble and Tap 21 may be that kind? Blinkers should help, but these 2yo races have been favoring those on or near the lead and Tap has yet to show any speed. One that has is #12 Honor Bright, 5-1, who ran 2nd in debut at the Spa behind a runaway winner. Bargain basement purchase by Dogwood has a speedy work over the poly and 2nd out improvement is expected.This should be a good betting race and I'm playing a pricey trifecta with 3-9-11-12. Good Luck and enjoy the day!