Sunday Spots

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited October 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Overall, today's line-up at both Belmont & Keeneland are somewhat weak. IMO, there are a couple of races that standout. Taking a shot and hope to get as lucky as we did yesterday when the Maryland kicker missed the game-winner!

Belmont 3rd--Temperence Hill Stakes, 3yo going 1 1/8 for $85k

very ordinary group running for a stakes purse which pays about what a Spa allow would? Figures!
#2 Our Entourage, 3-1
former TAP/Repole runner who went for over $400k at sale. TAP kept putting him on the weeds and he kept running up the track. Finally entered for a tag and he got claimed for $65k and is now with Jacobson, where he continues to light up the track in the mornings when on dirt,(maybe he just doesn't like the weeds?). The #1 will take a good amount of play and we could get as much as 7/2 with Ramon in the saddle. #2 w/p and tri key 2--1/4/5

Keeneland 8th
Rood & Riddle Dowager Stakes, f & m 3 up going 1 1/2 on turf, $125k

I ought to send Rood & Riddle an invoice for mentioning their name. God knows they aren't shy about sending out bills!

#9 Ciao Bella and # 10 Upperline are standouts in this field, notwithstanding that this is KEENELAND? Nevertheless, these two should finish one-two. I will give the edge to #9 Ciao Bella, notwithstanding my like for the owners of Upperline. Expect Johnny to get Ciao Bella out front and easily dispose of any pretenders as they turn for home trying to get this demanding distance. Contrary to popular belief, I like a front-runner in these long turf races, especially when they are asked to go a marathon distance. Upperline will be coming at the end but it looks like Ciao Bella will have too much cushion on the front? #9 win, ex 9-10, tri key 9--10--8, super 9--10--all-all.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!