Santa Anita play from DiscreetPicks

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited October 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Santa Anita - Race 7

#4 Lady Rosamond (7/2 ml)

2yo Baffert firster worked heads-up from the gate on Oct. 1 with Z Big Apple, who came out of that drill to win a maiden race at this same distance yesterday, with the same rider (Garcia) aboard. Perhaps more importantly though, this one also showed big speed at the Ocala sale back in April, working the fastest quarter-mile (20.4) at the under-tack show. After which, she brought a whopping $260,000 at the sale, a huge sum when you consider that her sire's stud fee was only $3,000. Looks very live here, particularly at this short distance. May lead gate-to-wire.

HRT record:

89 for 328 (27%)

$763.80 ($8.58 avg)

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Yeah. Marked this one down yesterday after Z Big Apple was in tight and then lowered her head and ran away powerfully in the lane.

I think Jeff Bonde knows the same thing today as he scratches the #2 Dawn's Charm, who was on my better than looked list, and also has (had?) speed. I'll be waiting for Dawn another day.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    For what it's worth, I'm hearing from the Baffert camp that Heartless is the better of the two. I know all the wo reports are showing big works for Lady R, but the say the 1/2 sister to Force Freeze is ready to explode.

gl, fb
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    fbwinners wrote: »
    For what it's worth, I'm hearing from the Baffert camp that Heartless is the better of the two. I know all the wo reports are showing big works for Lady R, but the say the 1/2 sister to Force Freeze is ready to explode.

gl, fb

Wouldn't be the first time.

What's interesting here is Martin worked HEARTLESS and he's staying (LOL @ him having any say) put.

HEARTLESS Oct 17 SA 4 :46.2HG M FT B-
    Garcia up; speed early with a Cosmic Heat (Yakteen) matching strides all the way in 23.2, 46.2. Should pop the gate.---Grade: B-
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Wouldn't be the first time.

What's interesting here is Martin worked HEARTLESS and he's staying (LOL @ him having any say) put.

HEARTLESS Oct 17 SA 4 :46.2HG M FT B-
    Garcia up; speed early with a Cosmic Heat (Yakteen) matching strides all the way in 23.2, 46.2. Should pop the gate.---Grade: B-

I don't want you all to get off your selection, just passing along scuttle but.