Belmont Friday 10/26/12

FarinaFarina Senior Member
edited October 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Race 2- 5) I Wished raced wide on a surface she clearly disliked. Low percentage barn never has them cranked for return. Weak field and fast track make this one one of very few contenders.
6) Iron Cafe is the mirror image of I wished and both should improve today; The former moreso than the latter.

Race 3- 7) Ziptronic is working like a machine in the morning and Contessa has done a brilliant job keeping this 6 year old gelding competitive. Price will be right and should have a positional advantage on his main obstacles.

Race 4- 3) Verbosity has good speed with the ability to sit off if necessary. Hushion is one of the best at getting one ready off a layoff and expect this one to be super sharp at a big price.
Hoping to gun from the rail.

Race 5- 2) Anthem remained as an entrant in his debut that was taken off the turf. Showed good speed that day and should be tight as a drum for grass debut. A surface he was clearly meant fo.

Race 6- 7) Falbala is a dead rock closer and should get a nice setup for his late run.
Barn is scalding and look for this one to sweep by at a good price.

Race 7- 8) Lady Halite has shown beautiful speed in 3 dirt starts and now switches to the turf. Never in for a tag despite the poor finishes shows this one is a turf horse. Cat out of the bag today.

Race 8*- 1) E Z Passer is hopefully the part of the entry that will run. Can go either way and is in super shape. If scratched, 5) Ode To Sami stretches out a furlong and needs clever handling.

Race 9- 1) Wet One is spotted for action as barn is already out on this one. Draws the hedge and Dominguez reappears. Too much stock for these.

Race 10- 6) The Lady Says Yes was bet like a good one and lived up to expectations in Spa debut finishing second. Barn was cold then but now is winning everything in sight. Routine.
11) Sing To Me flashed speed in both dirt starts and now switches to turf for barn that doesn't ship down for the fun of it.
8) J Rose Gal was okay in turf debut. Toss flop in mud and any improvement puts her right there at a price.
9) Pie's First Lady stretches out off two good turf sprints. Ordinarilly I look for Cornelio on this one but J/T combo won at a price the other day. Using.