First Time Lasix Plays--Sunday

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited October 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
I am old school! Period!

Don't jump to conclusions? As some of you know, I have been involved in this Same day Lasix issue for over a year. I have tried to keep an open mind on this heated issue because I know folks on both sides. Yet, I have not seen enough credible data to say that Lasix is the end-all evil that some claim. It seems to me that if a horse shows symptoms of E.I.P.H that Lasix is a miracle medicine which is good for the horse and helps avoid financial disaster to the owners. It now appears that the BC folks were sold a bill of goods by the anti-lasix people, and I can tell you right now that you will never change their minds on this issue and that they will remain a vocal minority until lasix is banned forever. Sounds like PETA, doesn't it. Well, I certainly don't want to turn this HRT Forum into a lasix debate , plenty of that crap on poor old Ray Paulick's web site if you are interested. Two runners going today at Churchill who were racing without lasix and now get the help they needed to get the job done.

CD 9th---#2 Dancinginthecircle, 7/2, gets first tme lasix for Larry Jones after dropping like a rock in last out GIII. Recent works with lasix show that this one does indeed benefit from miracle medicine?

CD 10th---#6 Titletown Five, 5/2, Wayne Lucas was on board with the anti-lasix folks last summer at the spa and this well meant son of Tiznow could not get to the winner's circle. He shipped back to CD and Lucas did an about face and put him on and his latest works show that he too, will benefit from administration of same day medication.

Bonus longshot at SA Race 7---Glowing Spirit---got word on this one from someone who knows a little about the connections?

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    I am old school! Period!

Don't jump to conclusions? As some of you know, I have been involved in this Same day Lasix issue for over a year. I have tried to keep an open mind on this heated issue because I know folks on both sides. Yet, I have not seen enough credible data to say that Lasix is the end-all evil that some claim. It seems to me that if a horse shows symptoms of E.I.P.H that Lasix is a miracle medicine which is good for the horse and helps avoid financial disaster to the owners. It now appears that the BC folks were sold a bill of goods by the anti-lasix people, and I can tell you right now that you will never change their minds on this issue and that they will remain a vocal minority until lasix is banned forever. Sounds like PETA, doesn't it. Well, I certainly don't want to turn this HRT Forum into a lasix debate , plenty of that crap on poor old Ray Paulick's web site if you are interested. Two runners going today at Churchill who were racing without lasix and now get the help they needed to get the job done.

CD 9th---#2 Dancinginthecircle, 7/2, gets first tme lasix for Larry Jones after dropping like a rock in last out GIII. Recent works with lasix show that this one does indeed benefit from miracle medicine?

CD 10th---#6 Titletown Five, 5/2, Wayne Lucas was on board with the anti-lasix folks last summer at the spa and this well meant son of Tiznow could not get to the winner's circle. He shipped back to CD and Lucas did an about face and put him on and his latest works show that he too, will benefit from administration of same day medication.

Bonus longshot at SA Race 7---Glowing Spirit---got word on this one from someone who knows a little about the connections?

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Lasix no doubt helps runners. It *might* be hurting the breed. That's the issue. Regardless, agree with the play idea. I couldn't take Wayne Lukas @ 2-1 with Showdough's money, however.

Waiting until these blue bloods (Winstar, Casner, anybody else who took the "pledge"), to drop straight maidens in for 40 or 50k, claiming them, giving them lasix, and then winning a maiden and starter condition before dumping the horse for 25k is the best strategy in the game.

I'll get back to you on Glowing Spirit, but this one sounds familiar to me as well.
  • mrcid2703mrcid2703 Junior Member
    edited October 2012
    FWIW, Titletown is running in the 11th. There is also a Nafzger trained horse in that race. Seems to me I heard that he was semi-retired. Any inside information on whether to stand up and take notice when he has a horse, or does he just train for a few to keep busy?
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Titletown Five is in race 11, and I do not know how to spell Lukas?

In Race 5 at CD, I got word that big money will be going down on #5 Favorite Uncle, 5-1 ml. Watch the tote board and if so then he is a key over the 2/3/6 on my tri play!
    edited October 2012

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Via National Turf

GLOWING SPIRIT Oct 17 SA 7 1:27.2H M FT C+
    Asked for best here fading 3 lengths back from barnmate Hometown Hero in a full extended and slower than given in 104.4, 130.1.---Grade: C+

GLOWING SPIRIT Sep 12 SA 6 1:15.3H M FT B+
    Big spin here in 51.0, 115.0 out fast in 128.1. Filly is still going great.---Grade: B+

Looks to be going the wrong way in the AM, but these are sneaky connections.
    edited October 2012
    I really think Golden Production is a standout in that race at what wil be 2-1 or less. The outside horse has a big chance too. Maker or Breaker was breezing (and looking better than) Lady Ten who won yesterday.
    edited October 2012
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    I really think Golden Production is a standout in that race at what wil be 2-1 or less. The outside horse has a big chance too. Maker or Breaker was breezing (and looking better than) Lady Ten who won yesterday.

Easy exacta. Glowing Spirit gave you the tri.