w2w \ Mikenyce Storm

Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
edited October 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Hope you too are doing well through the hurricane. so far not too horrible in northern Connecticut on and off rain gusts to 50 mph as of 6 pm

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    W2W and Mikenyce let us know how everthing turns out. If I can be of assistance in any way let me know.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Thanks guys. Knock on wood we still have power. They say the worst of the storm will be out of here by 10ish tonight. Was something else to see those high winds but not to much rain. The worst part for me was they had us out there delivering mail today finally decided to call us in around 4pm. It was crazy branches and debris flying everywhere!
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    7:10 pm here wind has picked up a little more but still not real bad rain. still have not had to go to generator power
    edited October 2012
    Been watching the weather channel also crazy to see all the beaches over here washed away
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Lost power twice for less than an hour...NO DAMAGE HERE...everything is COOL...THANKS FOR ASKING...w2w
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    30 gallons of gas for the generator $120.... Extra food.... $100...... kerosene......$10..... Full gas tanks....$110..... tarps and rope $28......25 gallons of drinking water....30 gallons toilet water...... every drop of laundry done.... 2 hours building a generator shelter..... 6 hours de-hurricaning the yard......made up pot of coffee stored........Waking up still having ELECTRICITY.....PRICELESS!!
    edited October 2012
    Horsin~Aro wrote: »
    30 gallons of gas for the generator $120.... Extra food.... $100...... kerosene......$10..... Full gas tanks....$110..... tarps and rope $28......25 gallons of drinking water....30 gallons toilet water...... every drop of laundry done.... 2 hours building a generator shelter..... 6 hours de-hurricaning the yard......made up pot of coffee stored........Waking up still having ELECTRICITY.....PRICELESS!!

Woooo couldn't agree more!!!!!
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    That storm was pretty bad..We got a little over 8 inches of rain and in a western county of maryland they got 2 feet of snow. My family and I are fine just had minor damage to the house like my gutter blowing away...hope everyone else is ok..
    edited October 2012
    Glad you made it out safely Ray these storms suck!