Who is most over rated horse in the BC?

CigarShopCigarShop Senior Member
edited November 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
I think that Shanghai Bobby is by far the most over rated. I do hand it to his connections they have scripted his "soft" schedule very well.
His first start he did beat a nice horse in JuJuEyes,his second start was a slot enhanced purse where he didn't have to lift a foot to win. The Hopeful was a ok race, but in the Champange he was drifting out down the lane.
I do hope many of the bettors bet with two fists on him. He will not be on any of my tickets.

Who do you think is the most over rated?

Comments

• Polamalu43Polamalu43 Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    I would have to agree that Bobby is indeed one of them.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Be careful amigos!

Jack wolf at Starlight just sold 1/2 interest to Irish coolmore. these guys don't fuck around with future claiming stock. Must be something they like? This lasix shit is a big Q for all?

Nevertheless, congrats to the partners of Starlight, notwithstanding a performance clause which we will never know, but these folks have cut themselves a fat hog!!!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Be careful amigos!

Jack wolf at Starlight just sold 1/2 interest to Irish coolmore. these guys don't fuck around with future claiming stock. Must be something they like? This lasix shit is a big Q for all?

Nevertheless, congrats to the partners of Starlight, notwithstanding a performance clause which we will never know, but these folks have cut themselves a fat hog!!!

Made my day.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Be careful amigos!

Shanghai Bobby, a son of Harlan’s Holiday, was purchased by Starlight as a yearling for $105,000 at the 2011 Keeneland September sale. He was broken by Jake Pletcher, Todd’s father, at the Peyton training center in Ocala, Fla.

One of the first 2-year-olds to come to Pletcher this year, Shanghai Bobby won his debut at Aqueduct in April. After winning an overnight stakes at Belmont in June, Shanghai Bobby took the Grade 2 Hopeful at Saratoga and Grade 1 Champagne at Belmont.

Wolf said he doesn’t recall a time when Starlight took on partners in a ready-made horse.

“I don’t know that we’ve done it before, but I like the fact we hooked up with these guys,” Wolf said. “It’s flattering they wanted to be partners with us.”

Wolf said Shanghai Bobby will race Saturday in the blue and yellow silks of Starlight Stable.

Cha-ching is right JG.
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Shanghai Bobby is the real deal. The most over rated, I think, is Game On Dude. I would have loved to have seen Royal Delta or Awesome Feather take him on. Look at the field he's running against, just terrible. Anyone of those guys just picks his game up a bit and they have him beat. Anyone of these 3yr olds would have beaten him...( I'll Have And Other, Bodemiester, Paynter and even the mutt Union Rags would beat this horse. This years Breeder's Cup, to me,lacks luster in compatition.

Singles: Shanghai Bobby, Groupie Doll, Point Of Entry, Excelebration and Royal Delta which happens to be the most competative race of the weekend.....
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Singled My Miss Aurelia in everything. As for overrated I hope your dead on with Game On Dude being overrated. Also singling 1 horse in the classic!
  • CigarShopCigarShop Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Mikenyce: that's one tough single with My Miss Aurelia.
    I'm using Awesome Feather and Royal Delta. Good luck to you.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    IM hitting this p6 today!!!!! Feeling it!!!!! Good Luck today!!!!!!