Churchill Downs 11/8

CigarShopCigarShop Senior Member
edited November 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Am bored so I'll take a shot at CD today.

Race 1: Katy Lied: Pedroza/Humpries 3/6 5.83 ROI. Last seen at CD she won.

Race 2: Sarge Hudson: Even though Lanerie goes to the 6. He is 2/2 over the turf. With one win sprinting.

Race 3: Lungs: First time on the dirt, bet strong both tries. Cuts claiming price in half.

Race 4: Sneakin Away: Castanon/Lauer 2/3 14.40 ROI. Blinkers on 24%.
Takes a nice class drop.

Race 5: Seatopen Memo: Borel/Borel. Has to get out of the gate better. Had "issues" two of his four starts.

Race 6: Miss Clark County: Bred to run ALL day on the turf. English Channel/ Smart Strike. Won her first on the synthetic. Right back.

Race 7: Stormin Bud: Paco off to a slow start, but he's got the "speed of the speed" in here.

Race 8: Dancing Years: will get a nice price with this one, due to Motts 500K baby from the rail.
Victor Lebron brings in some nice prices, here is one of them.

Race 9: Soft Whisper: Jon Court rides this speedy gal, she has a win over CD. my best bet of the day.

Race 10: I Smell Smoke: drops from MSW to claimers. Lanerie/ Mogge 2/3 11.00 ROI.

Let's make some money today.

Comments

• CigarShopCigarShop Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Recap:

Race 1: ran 2nd: 3.20 2.40
    Race 2: ran 6th out of 6
    Race 3: ran 2nd 4.00 3.40
    Race 4: ran 5th out of 7
    Race 5: ran 3rd 2.40
    Race 6: ran 8th out of 10
    Race 7: ran 2nd 4.80 3.20
    Race 8: ran 8th out of 12
    Race 9: ran 6th out of 10

One to go. So far 9-0-3-1. My Best Bet 0-1.

Off to the "CigarShop" with my homework for Friday.
  • CigarShopCigarShop Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Race 10: ran 10th out of 12.

Final results for Thursday, November 8th: 10-0-3-1 Best Bet: 0-1
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Cigar,

Just to let you know there is some silly shit on the backstretch happening at CH right now. Just watch the tote board and also watch the tote during the race. This meet will not get any of my coin, unless I'm informed in a big way!!!!

gl, fb
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Cigar---

FB is exactly right!

cheap clm races with some totally unexpected results! Best to stay away for now!

I played one race today on one who we have been following out in California. Kettle Corn is one we had pegged as a runner about a year ago. Ran in some graded stakes and has been a little of form lately. I laid down a shit-load today and Kettle Corn opened up at 3/5 but drifted up to 1/1 at post. had to bull his way through horses, albeit a five (5) horse field but got it done! This is the time of year to pick your plays, not the time to play entire fields!

However, not my style to pull anyone off a wager!!!

Just my humble opinion for what it's worth---which is probably nothing?
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Cigar---

FB is exactly right!

cheap clm races with some totally unexpected results! Best to stay away for now!

I played one race today on one who we have been following out in California. Kettle Corn is one we had pegged as a runner about a year ago. Ran in some graded stakes and has been a little of form lately. I laid down a shit-load today and Kettle Corn opened up at 3/5 but drifted up to 1/1 at post. had to bull his way through horses, albeit a five (5) horse field but got it done! This is the time of year to pick your plays, not the time to play entire fields!

However, not my style to pull anyone off a wager!!!

Just my humble opinion for what it's worth---which is probably nothing?

JG - I had a huge double from AKKADIAN and KETTLE CORN to Julio's first timer in the 4th. I was a little mad when AKKADIAN couldn't keep KETTLE CORN inside him, but after the double paid over $20 I didn't give a fuck.

Nice score for us all.

And yes, this is the time to pick your plays carefully (until December 26th).