Eblouissante

rayphilrayphil Senior Member
edited July 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
half sister to zenyatta trained by sheriffs and ridden by corey is entered for her debut at hollywood park on friday the 4th race..went 59.2 yesterday and was 2nd of 66 workers...all I know is her worktab has been long so fitness is not a issue with her....

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    I've been following her for a while now and John s. has taken his time with her so I expect a big race from her. Want to see a ml..
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, no doubt everybody involved has high expectations. I wish her the best, but obviously she'll never come close to Zenyatta's legacy.

Here's the interesting part: If she comes out with 2 or 3 straight wins, will Mike Smith take over for the Chinaman the same way he "took" Zenyatta from Flores?

And one final note: Elissa Kubinova has been working horses for the Shirreff's barn for about a month. She's really a decent if not good jock, who was up north before. She won her first race in So-Cal a few days back, and plenty more are coming. She has also been around the Canani barn, so look for Julio to pull something soon with her, too.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSO3ztTBXX7eqjRgxzFFuaNwcPTUMpNZJ31a-l4IodyeI7E9rzx
    edited November 2012
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzgUUGEa1ss352nCgkuvHskIGoMd_5UoA0lAC-s1t3-WIbQEkKSQ
    edited November 2012
    yea she was a 20% jock up there..she won the finale maiden claimer for sheriffs the other day...you always need a women in so.cal...
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Good article on Zenyatta's younger sis....looking forward to the race today!

Hollywood Park: Zenyatta's half-sister makes long awaited debut | Daily Racing Form
    edited November 2012
    From National Turf:

EBLOUISSANTE Nov 11 HOL 5 :59.1H M FT B+
    Jet black powerfully built sort tracked a barnmate was asked some on the turn drawing away late while on own in 35.2, 59.3. Clearly has run, clearly fit (has turned in 45 drills since last year in preparation for debut). Think she can run as far as they card 'em. Was in blinkers; Blanc up. Like her sis she appears to have a mellow disposition.---Grade: B+
    EBLOUISSANTE Nov 5 HOL 6 1:15.1H M FT B+
    In blinkers; grand looker made a good run at barnmate Odeon and galloped out quite well while not asked in 38.1, 103.1, 115.0 out around the bend in 127.4. Not overly handy but can run forever.---Grade: B+
    EBLOUISSANTE Oct 19 HOL 6 1:14H M FT B+
    Corey up; noticeably caught hold midstretch running away from barnmate Cotton Belle finishing 3 clear in 37.3, 113.4. Much substance here.---Grade: B+

Again, no price here at all, but will be fun to watch.
    edited November 2012
    WOW. Scary good win here. Not a horrible price for those who bet it.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Yeah, no doubt everybody involved has high expectations. I wish her the best, but obviously she'll never come close to Zenyatta's legacy.

Here's the interesting part: If she comes out with 2 or 3 straight wins, will Mike Smith take over for the Chinaman the same way he "took" Zenyatta from Flores?

And one final note: Elissa Kubinova has been working horses for the Shirreff's barn for about a month. She's really a decent if not good jock, who was up north before. She won her first race in So-Cal a few days back, and plenty more are coming. She has also been around the Canani barn, so look for Julio to pull something soon with her, too.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSO3ztTBXX7eqjRgxzFFuaNwcPTUMpNZJ31a-l4IodyeI7E9rzx

Look like something out of Luck for Julio.
    edited November 2012
    fbwinners wrote: »
    Look like something out of Luck for Julio.

First Julio mount she gets - Fire away. Bet more the worse the horse looks.
    edited November 2012
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    WOW. Scary good win here. Not a horrible price for those who bet it.

Watched again and decided this had to be a suspect group, because she gallops out 10 ahead. Very impressive performance, and I'm glad the breeder got to keep a special one. As the workouts indicated, she'll run ALL DAY.

Question: Who bought the mare (Vertigineaux or something close)from him? Is she headed to Galileo?
    edited November 2012
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Eblouissante = Brilliant in French!!!!
    edited July 2013
    Rosie is up now that junior got hurt..
    edited July 2013
    I actually gave her out on my site today. Here's the writeup:

Saratoga - Race 9

#3 Eblouissante (7/2 ml)

This one is a leap of faith, but there are things to be aware of. As you probably know, this is Zenyatta's younger sister, who looked very Zenyatta-like in her outstanding debut run last year, then good-but-not great in her second start in January (vs. first-level allowance company) before hitting the sidelines. That doesn't exactly match up with the form of Authenticity or Summer Applause here. However, we must be aware that this filly is Shirreffs' pride-and-joy (he trained Zenyatta of course), and he has been VERY patient with her, so just the fact that he's throwing her into this kind of spot in only her third career start (especially when not having raced since January) sets off the alarm bells. We must also be aware that Zenyatta was a late-bloomer who didn't even debut until she was a 4yo, so the older this filly gets (she's now 6 months older than when last raced), it's reasonable to expect her to improve exponentially. And that theory appears to match up with some recent comments by Shirreffs, saying that Eblouissante has really filled out and gotten bigger and stronger since arriving in New York (she's actually been here for a couple of months now). She may also enjoy the deeper surface (considering that California is more speed-favoring and she doesn't have any speed), and she will almost certainly enjoy the longer distance, even coming off the long layoff. So as you can see, kind of a hunch play, but there is reasoning behind it. And of course, the price should be right as the local New York crowd bets the 7/5 ml Pletcher horse like she can't lose. Would love to see this filly win (as i'm sure Shirreffs would), and i think she may have a chance here.
    edited July 2013
    DC if she wins today These are going to be the largest odds you get on her...not really sure how much of the ml your going to get because of the zenyatta followers..2-1 is the max I think.
    edited July 2013
    I don't see any way she goes 2/1 or less. I'm thinking minimum 3/1. We'll see.
  • thebox138thebox138 Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    something went awry as she acted up and didnt run a step
    edited July 2013
    Look like she sat in the gate..I thought thy were going to scratch her..
    edited July 2013
    Best thing for her - career wise.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    I thought the race call was great when Tom Durkin says "Eblouissante has been givin her cue by Rosie Napravnik and is making no progress" then I knew she was done.
    edited July 2013
    I think so to dirty..stop comparing her to the zenmaster..I would love to see her on grass.
    edited July 2013
    @DRFGrening: Eblouissante had a cracked tooth and some cuts on stifles, Shirreffs said. He praised asst starter from keeping her from going under gate."