Assman 2yo speed ball Today

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited December 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Kind of a slow Thursday. Not much to get the blood flowing, but at BHP 1st, Assman brings back Kirk Robison's speedball, #5 Mico Margarita. This young colt is scary fast and Assman sent him out to SA for a BC card race where he ran a good one, and he does not face the same level of horses today. Definitely going to be a sprinter, question is whether on dirt, turf, or poly? He has been working on dirt at SA and the unknown is how he will take to poly, but his turf form says he will do fine. I love the outside draw in this short field and this one will turn for home about 3 in front and hold off all comers---I hope---cause at 8/5 you have to put up Mico Mucho Money to see any return!

GUT-CHECK win bet only and hope for chalk to come in!

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    Here's the National Turf info (NOT from Andy Harrington, who clocks Hollywood):

MICO MARGARITA Nov 26 SA 5 1:01.2H M FT B
    Nice efficiency here while breezing with barnmate Heartless in 36.3, 102.2 out well in 114.2. Something here.---Grade: B
    edited December 2012
    I'm also not sure how Coluda can lose on the front end the 4th @ 3/1. I guess Power Series might hang 5 lengths back and hope to make a huge late run .
    edited December 2012
    Kind of a slow Thursday. Not much to get the blood flowing, but at BHP 1st, Assman brings back Kirk Robison's speedball, #5 Mico Margarita. This young colt is scary fast and Assman sent him out to SA for a BC card race where he ran a good one, and he does not face the same level of horses today. Definitely going to be a sprinter, question is whether on dirt, turf, or poly? He has been working on dirt at SA and the unknown is how he will take to poly, but his turf form says he will do fine. I love the outside draw in this short field and this one will turn for home about 3 in front and hold off all comers---I hope---cause at 8/5 you have to put up Mico Mucho Money to see any return!

My only concern would be the fact that it looks like Peter Miller will send Kafister. He entered two horses, presumably just to make the race go. Which one he likes - your guess is as good as mine.
    edited December 2012

Gut check is right. Nice call.
    edited December 2012
    JG. I'm sorry, I thought he was up, so did Vic.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    cock-suck mother-fuck eat a ball of shit!!!

Just venting Guys--no mean-ass shit intended!

Assman camp reported back that C-Nak said he didn't take to the cushion--Still wet from last week? Looked to me that C=Nak let the Baffert fav get the jump on him? I wasn't there but I sure watched! The Assman horse is a speed maven and it looked to me that Nakatani just got out hussled out of the gate. Nevertheless, we lost by a nostril and that leaves a big MARK!!! Tomorrow is a new day!

See Dirty, I'm getting in the groove for SA later this month---Can't fuckin wait!!!
    edited December 2012

Assman camp reported back that C-Nak said he didn't take to the cushion--Still wet from last week? Looked to me that C=Nak let the Baffert fav get the jump on him? I wasn't there but I sure watched! The Assman horse is a speed maven and it looked to me that Nakatani just got out hussled out of the gate. Nevertheless, we lost by a nostril and that leaves a big MARK!!! Tomorrow is a new day!

See Dirty, I'm getting in the groove for SA later this month---Can't fuckin wait!!!

Yeah. This was a rough one. Coluda wasn't much better - beaten a short head @ 7/5.

I'll see you soon JG.
  • InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited December 2012

Looked like Nakatani thought he had it won if he would have gave the horse a couple taps in the last couple yards before the other horse came back on him he would have won.
    edited December 2012
    InTheFog wrote: »
    Looked like Nakatani thought he had it won if he would have gave the horse a couple taps in the last couple yards before the other horse came back on him he would have won.

If I had a dime for every time the China-man has fucked up a ride and come up a nose short, I could buy Shanghai Bobby from Coolmore.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Speaking of Shanghai Bobby, i saw a list of Derby prices that had his barnmate Violence as the 15/1 Derby choice right now? How can that be possible?
    edited December 2012
    Speaking of Shanghai Bobby, i saw a list of Derby prices that had his barnmate Violence as the 15/1 Derby choice right now? How can that be possible?

Novelty bet only. Violence is 15-1 even win another Graded race.
    edited December 2012
    And speaking of the Chinaman on chalk, let's enjoy Only The Gold, in the second at HOL.