Aqueduct Sunday--Early Double

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited December 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
1st---Jimmy Bond's Momentary Magic is back today stretching out to one mile after getting a rough trip in debut going 6f. This is the 2 yo fillie we were watching last summer at the Spa, but she had minor problems that delayed her debut. Should win this one for fun and begin a regime headed to Kentucky Oaks? Works are indicitive of a first-class lass!

2nd--Raymond Earl Stakes

Can't let this one get by without a little history. Back in the late 70's, Raymond Earl was a super fast young horse, and owned by Redskin QB Billy Kilmer. At Oaklawn, he would shoot out of the gate and open up 10 plus on the field, only question was would he hold on or get caught at the wire? One day I was at the track with a couple of babes in knew from Kansas City and that day, the Essex I think, Raymond Earl got caught at the wire. As we were leaving, we walked past an old bum who was tearing-up tickets and throwing them up in the air while screaming "RAYMOND EARL"
To this day, when I have a losing ticket on a close call, I do the same, and one year at the Spa when doing this Wayne Lukas saw and heard me and came over and we talked about Raymond Earl for over an hour.

Bowie shipper Pretension comes up and gets completely overlooked at 10-1. Chris Grove does not ship just for the hell of it, and this one is red hot and ready to fire a big race. NY bred has a real chance at a big price?

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    Fields are getting smaller everyday...wait until they move to the INNER TRACK...we will probably have WIN BETTING only...lol
    When do they go to the INNER TRACK?
    w2w
  • CigarShopCigarShop Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    Good insight John and to all the Inner Dirt Track opens Wednesday...sigh I guess winters here...