Christina Olivares-Blacker leaves TVG

CigarShopCigarShop Senior Member
edited December 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
She just announced today is her last day. So all the Shitty talent stays, Simon,Todd,Paul.
HRTV is the place to watch.

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    CigarShop wrote: »
    She just announced today is her last day. So all the Shitty talent stays, Simon,Todd,Paul.
    HRTV is the place to watch.

Dan Blacker better find some winners in a hurry. Honestly, what other "talent" are you gonna get for the daily rate of $500 bucks they pay. I pay union extras more for a long day. All losing degenerate gamblers and drunks, regardless of how they come off.

As for HRTV, not much better at all.

From an outside (and television) standpoint, they need WAY more women and young kids, along with similarly themed shows. As bad as it sounds, real gamblers will watch anything (as evidenced by the refusal to go HD), but getting a new audience requires a new approach.

I mean fuck, what about a Jersey Shore type show of gamblers living together at night on TVG or SPIKE (as bad as it sounds my company actually owns several ideas like this)? I'm watching that over almost anything besides Big Break Atlantis re-runs.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    Would love to see Jessica Pacheco in her place.

Interesting older piece i found:

Let's review the ladies who appear on the cable networks TVG and HRTV:

Cable Reporter: Christina Olivares of TVG: Pretty face and knowledgeable: She sure could lead TVG the way as it's best racing analyst they have male or female. She could do serious interviewing and handicapping. She has the pedigree to prove that because she's the daughter of a jockey. She's really like one of the best young female racing analyst right now. She has a very bright future and she certainly is due to leave one day because she's weigh (sic) over qualified and smart for this job on TVG and smarter than these clowns on the network. Don't be surprised if one day she lands on a local news channel. Because during a TVG community interview she said that she's always wanted to do TV News someday if she hadn't been involved in horse racing, and plus her degree from USC is in news. It's too bad HRTV couldn't see how good she really was when she was first starting out her career. She was like used as a reporter for it's Santa Anita races and a producer for it's shows. HRTV must of not token her seriously and are probably Amy Zimmerman the head boss for the HRTV commentators is probably hitting herself in the head thinking what a mistake they made by not paying any attention to her knowledge. Bottom line is she is a true inspiration for young people who want to be on broadcast television as well.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    I like tvg over hrtv just because they put out plays and they just seem to be more modern...I see tvg will be showing santa anita races now as hrtv shows hollywood..
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    She inked a new deal with HRTV, along with Curt Hoover, and both will be working upcoming Santa Anita meet.

I suppose HRTV puts out a decent product, but who would know? In my part of the world, you have to have Dish Network to get HRTV, and almost everyone I know and every place I visit ( sports bars, etc.) has Direct TV, which is in bed with TVG if you buy the extended sports package. Cox Communications, the local cable provider, offers neither.

It would be nice if the powers that be in Horse Racing could get together and offer some programming which is available to the masses, but that's not going to happen anytime soon, if ever. Many people believe that more exposure would generate new fans and increase attendance at the tracks---but the truth is--it matters not!

Attendance at most tracks, notwithstanding boutique meets on a Saturday, are in decline and will continue to be that way. You need only look to the changes made at Gulfstream where seating capacity was reduced from around 10,000 to around 1,000, in anticipation of the future of racing in america. The fact is---the future of Racing lies with ADW accounts--and you need only to look at the handles coming in each and every week which show a very strong and thriving sport.

GET BUSY LIVIN OR GET BUSY DYING!
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    I have the numbers wrong about the seating at Gulfstream--but they have been reduced substantially!
  • TrotmanTrotman Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    John, here is an article about the expansion plans Gulfstream as to being back the Breeders Cup and year around racing (which could cause Calder to fold)

Gulfstream racetrack plans major expansion in pursuit of Breeders' Cup, year-round racing - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com
    edited December 2012
    read on the paulick report they inked kurt hoover a deal for full time...I cant wait for some santa anita...
    edited December 2012
    john didnt see your post about hoover....tvg must have some kind of management issues...