2yo half-brother to Invasor entered @ Gulfstream today

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited February 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
His name is Quiros (in Race 7), trained by Michael Matz. He actually worked heads-up on Dec. 6 with a barnmate named Pearls for Girls, who ran second up @ Aqueduct recently. Decent proce @ 5/1 ml; probably worth a look (although personally, i'm trying to beat him).

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    His name is Quiros (in Race 7), trained by Michael Matz. He actually worked heads-up on Dec. 6 with a barnmate named Pearls for Girls, who ran second up @ Aqueduct recently. Decent proce @ 5/1 ml; probably worth a look (although personally, i'm trying to beat him).

Decent price at 5-1? WOW. He went off at 40-1 if I'm looking at the right horse. Probably not the best sign in the world for breeding like that.
    edited December 2012
    Just watched the replay, broke slow, but he doesn't even look that great. The bigger story of the race was the Pletcher horse being bet from 4-1 to EVEN money (over 50k in the US pools) and never looking like a race horse on the track.
    edited December 2012
    LOL, Rosario was second @ 46-1 and paid over 25 to place too? Mind-boggling race.

DC who where you on?
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited December 2012
    I was on #10 Comancheria.

He went off @ 45/1 and ran seventh.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    He is back on on Saturday in Race 4 at the Stream off two very disappointing efforts. Matz has put the blinkers on and also puts my favorite at the time rider in the saddle in Luis Saez. This kid is a tremendous rider and will put him in contention early this time out. The horse is sound has this is his 2nd route and also has been given a work in between each start. I think worth a shot at a huge price this time again.