Gulfstream Friday 12/21 excluding the first

FarinaFarina Senior Member
edited December 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Gulfstream Friday 12/21/12

Race 2- 2) Chongo Verdi appears to be the inside speed with an alert start and that scenario played quite well yesterday.
Pick 4 key.

Race 3- 8) Arthur has never raced on a fast track but work tab says he should not only handle it, but improve.
Hannibal Lecters crimes were prettier than this field.

Race 4- 9) Hurricane Girl switches to grass after showing bullet speed in all dirt starts. Should clear despite wide draw and trainer on a roll after abysmal effort in NY.
1) Justanoceanaway turns back with route speed so should show tactical change and draws the hedge. Price play if race falls apart.

Race 5- 1) Johanna Honey ships down from Kentucky and moves inside with one of the best and most aggressive riders in the game, and it's Channukah. Down the turnpike.

Race 6- Using 3 here. 2) Prado Cat has the best turf form on paper and draws a cozy inside spot. Routine.
6) Rock And Rye has caught good and yielding ground in both turf starts and deserves one shot on firm ground at a price.
8) Cowdray Park has run well on the Poly which sometimes translate well to a turf switch. Sports nice turf breeze as well.

Race 7- 6) Bid A Moon showed immediate dividends on the trainer change to Ness who seems to be able to win anywhere but in New York. Right back.

Race 8- I can make a case for every horse in the field. Wheeling.

Race 9- 4) Carly's Real Deal appears a bit cheap but when compared to the rest of the field, she really isn't and always runs her race.
Rider change to one of my absolute favorites in Paco Lopez and while I believe the vast majority of riders are more than competent, this guy is something special and really improves horses.
He reminds me a lot of the Mig. Strong. Saves ground. Patient. And totally fearless.

Race 10- 6) Pentland has been turf tightened, turns back, drops, and can win from on or just off.
What a great card. At least before the results.

Ernie, it's so great to see you on tv and you do a sensational job.
Most people in your position don't do what you do. You give insight and alternatives to odds on favorites whether you think they will win or not. You and Brad Thomas are two of a kind and to have Richie along side of you, the other guys should be on for the dark days and you and Rich for the New York cards.
Anyway, have a happy Channukah, Merry Christmas and a happy and most importantly, healthy 2013.
Hope I have a winner or two.

Ben Zimmer

Comments

• FarinaFarina Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    Gulfstream Friday 12/21/12

Race 2- 2) Chongo Verdi appears to be the inside speed with an alert start and that scenario played quite well yesterday.
    Pick 4 key.

Race 3- 8) Arthur has never raced on a fast track but work tab says he should not only handle it, but improve.
    Hannibal Lecters crimes were prettier than this field.

Race 4- 9) Hurricane Girl switches to grass after showing bullet speed in all dirt starts. Should clear despite wide draw and trainer on a roll after abysmal effort in NY.
    1) Justanoceanaway turns back with route speed so should show tactical change and draws the hedge. Price play if race falls apart.

Race 5- 4) Blonde Diva gets fast footing for the first time and Paco doesn't take nonsense mounts. Great price play.

Race 6- Using 3 here. 2) Prado Cat has the best turf form on paper and draws a cozy inside spot. Routine.
    6) Rock And Rye has caught good and yielding ground in both turf starts and deserves one shot on firm ground at a price.
    8) Cowdray Park has run well on the Poly which sometimes translate well to a turf switch. Sports nice turf breeze as well.

Race 7- 1) Henny's Hurricane stretches out for capable barn and scratches help this ones cause especially with the rail draw. From on or just off at a price.

Race 8- I can make a case for every horse in the field. Wheeling.

Race 9- 4) Carly's Real Deal appears a bit cheap but when compared to the rest of the field, she really isn't and always runs her race.
    Rider change to one of my absolute favorites in Paco Lopez and while I believe the vast majority of riders are more than competent, this guy is something special and really improves horses.
    He reminds me a lot of the Mig. Strong. Saves ground. Patient. And totally fearless.

Race 10- 6) Pentland has been turf tightened, turns back, drops, and can win from on or just off.
    What a great card. At least before the results.

Ernie, it's so great to see you on tv and you do a sensational job.
    Most people in your position don't do what you do. You give insight and alternatives to odds on favorites whether you think they will win or not. You and Brad Thomas are two of a kind and to have Richie along side of you, the other guys should be on for the dark days and you and Rich for the New York cards.
    Anyway, have a happy Channukah, Merry Christmas and a happy and most importantly, healthy 2013.
    Hope I have a winner or two.

Ben Zimmer