Opening Day SA

dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
edited December 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
A new "year" and a new chance to make a profit. As per my usual new year's resolution, I'll be scaling back my wagers, but upping their size.

So far: Race #2 Drift King Last race was a joke in the lane. Was 10x the best and NEVER got to run, blocked, and then eased. I think this one gets it done at a fair price.

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    A new "year" and a new chance to make a profit. As per my usual new year's resolution, I'll be scaling back my wagers, but upping their size.

So far: Race #2 Drift King Last race was a joke in the lane. Was 10x the best and NEVER got to run, blocked, and then eased. I think this one gets it done at a fair price.

Suppose Rosario's mount Mr. Candy Bar @ 12-1 is the value. Tab clocker reports.
    edited December 2012
    Baffert in the 6th. The maidens. He's got two, Kaleem Shah's looks well meant @ 5-1. The other, Belvin, beat a nice horse in Manado, who won easily stretching out next time out.
    edited December 2012
    7th- Wide open, but I'll be decent W/P maybe even SHOW on Kessabtsi. His races at this level fit, especially @ 50-1.

Honestly though, they re-wrote this condition. It's ripe for the picking. Be on the the lookout for Straight-maiden breakers, who were in for for 40k at any point, because they're usually tons best. Silver Dragon 4-1, fits that profile (despite them being state-breds) in here.
    edited December 2012
    And if the Rosario isn't crippled in the last., he wins. Tab clockers.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    Dirty--

Hammer took care of us for Friday, 28th. Got a box---somewhere? Credentials in will-call--I'll leave a note with will call letting you know where we're sitting---If the fucking weather is as bad as expected___we may go to Turf Club or Frontrunner Bar. See you there!
    edited December 2012
    Dirty--

Hammer took care of us for Friday, 28th. Got a box---somewhere? Credentials in will-call--I'll leave a note with will call letting you know where we're sitting---If the fucking weather is as bad as expected___we may go to Turf Club or Frontrunner Bar. See you there!

Small chance I might get stuck in the office Friday, but if not I'll be inside the Frontrunnner for sure.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Looking forward to Opening Day...

Btw, Merry Christmas everyone!
    edited December 2012
    Your gal is running DC.
    edited December 2012

More I look at this play, the more I like it. We have a real concern of soft turf or even OFF the turf, based on the weather.

If it comes off, Bejarano's mount is interesting. Actually, it's interesting regardless, because he rode Drift King last out. BUT, I think he fucked up an easy win, and got kicked off for Leparoux (who is also married to the trainer's daughter).

I look for a forwardly placed Drift King to keep grinding over this fairly tough 25k bunch. It's tough to claim off Mitchell, but I believe you can take this one, move him up the mandatory level, and wn again on turf for 32k, without him getting taken, and then bring him back at this level, or even 16k main track, to lose him before the end of the meet (even if he's on the way back down).
    edited December 2012
    Dirty--

If you're in the Turf Club, I might have to find some new clothes - I'm usually in jeans and a ball cap with the boys out here.

The new owners credentials are awesome, haven't picked mine up, but I'm hearing they're good for 3 years at all meet (including Oak Tree, which has been excluded).
    edited December 2012
    More I look at this play, the more I like it. We have a real concern of soft turf or even OFF the turf, based on the weather.

If it comes off, Bejarano's mount is interesting. Actually, it's interesting regardless, because he rode Drift King last out. BUT, I think he fucked up an easy win, and got kicked off for Leparoux (who is also married to the trainer's daughter).

I look for a forwardly placed Drift King to keep grinding over this fairly tough 25k bunch. It's tough to claim off Mitchell, but I believe you can take this one, move him up the mandatory level, and wn again on turf for 32k, without him getting taken, and then bring him back at this level, or even 16k main track, to lose him before the end of the meet (even if he's on the way back down).

Ok, this race is making me crazy. El Gran Bebe might be better than these, but has been off since going a mile at Emerald in June. Shows steady works since November, and finds a good spot. Exacta material for sure.
  • rhgrahamrhgraham Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    Baffert in the 6th. The maidens. He's got two, Kaleem Shah's looks well meant @ 5-1. The other, Belvin, beat a nice horse in Manado, who won easily stretching out next time out.
    thanks
    edited December 2012
    First race info: #4 Dramedy has a loaded pedigree. Here's what I dug up:

From the Bloodhorse:

Another notable racing prospect that sold on Tuesday was Dramedy, a 3-year-old Distorted Humor colt who won his debut start at Aqueduct three days earlier and brought the day’s co-second-highest price at $185,000. Moore Racing and CTR Stables signed the ticket on the half-brother to Grade 1 winner and young sire Bluegrass Cat, out of the A.P. Indy Mare She’s a Winner. Classic winner Super Saver and Grade 1 winner Girolamo are notable family members.

Pinball, who finished a head behind Dramedy in that race, also sold for $185,000, going to Michael Dubb and Jane Buchanon, agent. The 3-year-old New York-bred Unbridled’s Song colt is out of the stakes-winning Vision and Verse mare Pinata. Both colts were consigned by WinStar Racing, agent.

I'm not sure what it means for Winstar to let him go, but 185k ain't bad, and now Mullins gets a crack with him. Certainly they had classic hopes and are ready to part ways, but he has great potential out here.
    edited December 2012

Both working great. As are Masaru and Winds of Bosphorus.
    edited December 2012
    Your gal is running DC.

Who do you mean, Reneesgotzip?

I'm not messing with her today. Looks like she's very well-bred for the mud though, if that means anything, and you know the track is sealed. Wouldn't be a shock if she upset My Miss Aurelia, but that one's a tough nut to crack.
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    I like a price in the 8th...GUILT TRIP...w2w
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    In the Malibu(8th), I came up with a 2/4/5 ex bx---No way in hell I'm leaving The Lumber Guy out if Johnny V. comes all the way to Arcadia to ride for Drysdale.

My Pick 4 is as follows:
    2nd---1/2/3
    3rd---1/3/5/9
    4th---Single 5 My Miss A
    5th---3/4/8

In the night-cap at Aqueduct, race 9, #2 Stormin Past, 20-1, is back from injury but word is this one can run? Might be worth a w/p, and maybe even a show play?
    edited December 2012

Motherfucker.

Thought we had it. Had a huge ($100 huge? for me it is) double to him. And a decent size P3 with Time to Doubledown in the 3rd (and anybody that doesn't believe Rosario is not the BEST finisher in America - watch him drag that fucking nag home in front).

I came back with a few little hits that kept me having fun, but no more serious action. Lost a little bit today ( $100 a little bit? for me it is, lol ), but was close to some nice ones. Finished up with the traditional ROSARIOINTHELAST.

BTW, I was NOT on The Lumber Guy, who worked poorly (per National Turf). Did any else get similar information?
    edited December 2012
    I'm upset about not picking Jimmy Creed today, as i picked him in the BC Sprint and then abandoned ship today. Went with Drill instead... :cry:
    edited December 2012
    Who do you mean, Reneesgotzip?

I'm not messing with her today. Looks like she's very well-bred for the mud though, if that means anything, and you know the track is sealed. Wouldn't be a shock if she upset My Miss Aurelia, but that one's a tough nut to crack.

Renee is just plain good as a sprinter. Really good.
  • rhgrahamrhgraham Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    played JC today just not big enough to salvage
    edited December 2012
    Dirty--

Weather looks great, I'll be at the bar.
    edited December 2012
    Weather looks great, I'll be at the bar.

Wow. This fucking guy ends up sitting 3 spots over in the bar, without even knowing me. Crazy luck. Mr. Greenhaw and family couldn't be more likeable. Good people in a sport filled with morons. He's also made good connections, and now he's negotiating to buy horses in Taiwan and Australia, too.

Great day all around, my best bet crushed at $6.80, cashed the early P5, and Mr. Spawr was kind enough to toss in an easy $15 winner that we were all over as well.

JG - Enjoy Cali. Call if you need any ideas. Or if you and the Mrs. are out and about, and your lovely daughter needs some company, I'll be on my very best behavior (joking). Honestly, great meeting you today. Hopefully, you caught that $13 horse in the last.