Friday Follies

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited January 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
Santa Anita Race 1 (4:00 est)
Two (2) Baffert runners will take all the play. #3 REGIME, 7/2, is said to be a runner for Carla Gaines. Rafael Bejarano gets on and a fair price is possible. Hammerly let the cat out of the bag this morning on Byk show.

Fair Grounds Race 3
#6 FABULOUS CATE, 5-1
Gets blinkers on and maybe a little more? Said to be well spotted and ready to handle this type. Cheap bunch in here and a little umphh is all this one needs. Hope the tests come back negative?

Fair Grounds Race 6
#3 BETHEL, 7/2
Most likely winner on the day!

Aqueduct Race 9
NY Bred #6 La Wild Speed is taking a drop and is listed at 3-1 ml. No value and she looks weak on form, but the owners are betting this one heavy? This one would be at Oaklawn except for being NY Bred. If she doesn't win today at $35k clm, she will head to Oaklawn!

Santa Anita Race 8
#11 ISLAND SUNSET, 8-1 ml, is one with a good chance for Peter Miller and K. Krigger. Owners touted me on this one last week. W/P/S and ex bx 2--4--11.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    I really like your AQUEDUCT pick.w2w
  • JermanJerman Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    John, I see Glackety is entered race 6 at laurel tomorrow. Any insights on him or are you out of the picture
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    Santa Anita Race 1 (4:00 est)
    Two (2) Baffert runners will take all the play. #3 REGIME, 7/2, is said to be a runner for Carla Gaines. Rafael Bejarano gets on and a fair price is possible. Hammerly let the cat out of the bag this morning on Byk show.

Ran wide, and very green in the lane, but flying late for a clear second. Has a huge stakes future IMO. For anybody too lazy to watch the Baffert's ran first and third.

Santa Anita Race 8
    #11 ISLAND SUNSET, 8-1 ml, is one with a good chance for Peter Miller and K. Krigger. Owners touted me on this one last week. W/P/S and ex bx 2--4--11.

Who gave this little info (You don't really have to tell me)? Just curious, because Peter Miller (Altamira Racing) was the listed owner in the Form. But the Barbers were the owners in the on track program. I'm not familiar with his operation in finding horses (this one from FLA) and owners, but I'm sure he made a nice bit of coin on the sale. Horse ran like shit after being cold on the board, but I bet it too before I left.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

A few good spots Saturday.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    Jerman wrote: »
    John, I see Glackety is entered race 6 at laurel tomorrow. Any insights on him or are you out of the picture

We're out of the picture. We lost her last summer when we dropped her in for $10k. She was claimed by Guerros out of Maryland but was claimed again by a former partner. Now I see where she is running under a ownership I do not recognize? Inquiries forthcoming---but I sure would not play her---I'm thinking that this is a final race before being bred, and her latest works at Bowie are ordinary at best. I would expect more of what we're used to---namely, break ok, fall back, and then commence a late run to come up short, run 4th!
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    A few good spots Saturday.

Dirty---when we left the frontrunner to go to our box, the folks in the next box were Barbers, but not Gary. Maybe a sister-in-law or something? We spoke a little about In Lingerie, who was a Barber/Eclipse fillie that was bought off a good-looking effort in Kentucky. They were high on this one's chance---so it looks like they were sold a bill of goods by someone? No effort at all!

The firster from Carla Gaines is a keeper! She will stretch-out next race and go off at 4/5.